theAsianparent Site Map - Articles for January 2016
- 2016-01-18The temperature for confinement period is real hot especially I have to follow my mum's advice which is no aircon, fan and not to wash hair. How do you go through your confinement period?
- 2016-01-18Anyone knows what's the market rate to hire a confinement lady at this period? I'm due in mid November. Or anyone has a reliable confinement lady to introduce?
- 2016-01-18Hi mummies, can i check with those who employed confinement during your confinement period. What does she do other than cook & taking care of baby?
- 2016-01-18Do you have any good confinement lady to intro? My edd is mid may and I have a 16 month old boy as well. Did any one survive with just tingkat delivery with no help?
- 2016-01-18Asking for friend: Do you have any recommendation for a good confinement nanny? I just got cheated by the one I booked as she has totally no experience. The nanny mentioned she saw a lot of baby before...but she does not even dare to carry new born and bath them.
- 2016-01-18My confinement period is going to end soon. After that, when I resume back to my normal diet, is there anything I need to take note off like what can't eat or what can't drink as I am breastfeeding?
- 2016-01-18Any review of Dr Edwin Thia of KKH?
- 2016-01-18Any of u delivered at TMC before? Any gynae to recommend? Upon checkout at the hosp, do u need to make payment or they will bill u? My firstborn was at KKH private patient but now i decided to go for private hosp.
- 2016-01-18We desperately need a good doc for c-section in Gleneagles or Mount Elizabeth, a doc good in his stitches and c-section record. Please recommend? Any experience you can share will be most helpful. I'm helping my one of my close customer look for this cos she's in her 3rd trimester and suddenly the gynae says he cannot do. Thank you.
- 2016-01-18Where can I buy doppler in Singapore? I want to be able to hear my baby's heartbeat regularly, and not wait until my next gynae appointment.
- 2016-01-18"Hi anyone under Dr Jasmine Mohd , Dr Benjamin Tham or Dr TC Chang from TMC? My gynae is gg on leave during my edd....I am asked to choose either one of them.
- 2016-01-18Is it possible if the child custody to be under the father? Child is still a baby.
- 2016-01-18Is it a must for the father to give maintenence fee to the wife is she apply? (In this case, the guy did not do wrong. Theres conflict between both families and both did not do wrong)
- 2016-01-18If under joint custody/shared custody, is the father the only one paying maintenance or or both parents? Paying to the one who has care n control over the child?
- 2016-01-18Which brand of baby massage oil to recommend?
- 2016-01-18Which colic drop is good to relief tummy wind?
- 2016-01-18Any gynae to recommend at Mount A hospital?
- 2016-01-18How much do you give to your MIL for allowance to take care of your child?
- 2016-01-18Is there a difference between a pediatrician in a residential children's clinic & the doctors in KKH children dept? Not sure which is better to send my 2 year old son when he gets sick.
- 2016-01-18Does anyone know which gynae is pro-natural delivery?
- 2016-01-18Does anyone had Dr. Joycelyn Wong from ACJ Women's clinic at TMC before? Any review?
- 2016-01-18Which one is better? L Central or I can read? Why?
- 2016-01-18Where can I find good mandarin classes for kids in Singapore?
- 2016-01-18Can anyone please suggest schools in Singapore with good bilingual programmes in english & mandarin?
- 2016-01-18I'm due in a few weeks and will deliver in Mount Alvernia. My obs has advised me a list of pediatricians in Mount Alvernia to choose from
I'm a first time mother and I want a doctor who is approachable, pro-breast feeding. has reasonable fees and is not extremely busy since we are both working parents.
I live in Holland and it would be great if the obstetrician also has a office in my area.
Other pediatricians my doctor advices are:
dr. Darryl Lim
dr. Lim Kwang Hsien
dr. Simon Ng
dr. Ong Eng Keow
dr. Terrance Tan
Any thoughts on them?
- 2016-01-18My one-year-old daughter has an upset stomach. Should I give her probiotics such as yakult?
- 2016-01-18I want to put my three year old in preschool but she is not potty trained. Will she be allowed admission?
- 2016-01-18Can I get the full custody of my child after my divorce?
- 2016-01-18I want a divorce but do not want to give my husband custody of my kids. Is there a way out?
- 2016-01-18I just realized that I am pregnant but my husband and I are going through a divorce? Can I abort the child without getting into any legal problems?
- 2016-01-18I am eight months pregnant but sadly heading for a divorce. Is don’t want my husband to see the newborn? Will it affect my divorce case?
- 2016-01-18I am not sexually satisfied with my husband? Would it be a valid reason for a divorce?
- 2016-01-18I am 45 years and having an affair. What do I do to see that I get the full alimony and my divorce proceedings go on smoothly.
- 2016-01-18Are there any homeopathic doctors in Singapore? Can you recommend some?
- 2016-01-18Where can I buy homeopathic medicines in Singapore?
- 2016-01-19What is the difference between Berries and Hua Language?
- 2016-01-19Any recommendations for a good & friendly pediatrician? Preferably around the West. I've been to KidsLink @CCK but the doctor who examined my little one was a bit rough with him. Please share mummies!
- 2016-01-19Hi mums. Does anyone have a good pediatrician in the East to recommend? My niece started developing rashes last week, and after seeing 2 doctors, the rashes have still not gone away. Having experienced this, my cousin and I figured it's good to find a regular pediatrician near her home, for convenience. She is a single mum and needs things close by to her.
- 2016-01-19Can anyone share their experience of getting a non-private gynae? Eg. from kkh. What's the process like?
- 2016-01-19Asking on behalf: Can I ask for those with confinement nanny who works 28days, what's the norm on e time they arrive on 1st day n time they leave on 28th day? Mine arrived at 4pm on the first day and left at noon on the last day.
- 2016-01-19Anyone knows of female gynae that does abortion? Thanks.
- 2016-01-19Any good gynae (deliver in TMC) to recommend near Yishun?
- 2016-01-19Did anyone see a prenatal chiropractor during your pregnancy, esp due to SPD? Any recommendations?
- 2016-01-19Can anyone share their experience of Dr. Don Wong Chun Ping? Is he good?
- 2016-01-19How much does an abortion cost in Singapore?
- 2016-01-19I've caught my husband cheating, several times. I think I am done with giving him chances. Is there a way I can get custody of my 2 kids if I am not working and he's the sole bred-winner? Please advise!
- 2016-01-19My girl is entering Primary 1 next year. What should I do to get her ready?
- 2016-01-19What do the babies sleep on in infantcare centres and what is the teacher to infant ratio? What if your baby is incredibly fussy. How will the teacher handle it?
- 2016-01-19Anyone went to this confinement centre in Singapore? Any review? http://en.muyingfuwu.com/yzcenter.html?cid=6
- 2016-01-19Who is the best gynae in Mt. Elizabeth Orchard and why?
- 2016-01-19Are slings better than soft carriers for the Singapore heat?
- 2016-01-19At present I am looking to switch to Dr Mahesh Choolani at Mt E Novena for my pregnancy.Any thoughts on him?
- 2016-01-19Hi mummies, wondering if u have heard about infant care centres that do not encourage breastfeeding? One particular centre located near my office discourages me from doing so even though I can drop by to breastfeed my baby regularly. Any thoughts?
- 2016-01-19PSLE gives me the nerves. Although he is just in P5, I have drafted a timetable for my son to follow through over the weekend (and after school, in the evenings). I wonder if any other parents are doing the same like me? Or am I starting to worry and push him too soon?
- 2016-01-19Which English assessment books are good for training for PSLE? The school is already giving them exam papers from other schools so I'm not doing that with him.
- 2016-01-19Do other mums feel that CCAs take up too much of our kids' time? They already have 9 subjects to juggle and the 2 CCAs they have to take eat into their afternoons. When will our kids rest?
- 2016-01-19Has anyone renewed their vows? Is it a norm in Singapore? Have been married for 15 years, and am thinking maybe we should!
- 2016-01-20I am in week 35 and thinking about changing my doctor I chose for delivery. I would still like to deliver in Mount E Orchard, but am looking for a doctor who is more open for my wishes especially concerning birth plan like delayed cord clamping, skin to skin contact and no c section unless an emergency. Could you please advice me?
- 2016-01-20Is anyone a member at Tanderra? Is it worth it?
- 2016-01-20What are 'normal' fees for a regular (just to check if everything is ok) visit to a pediatrician? Am wondering if $250 is too steep and if I should consider another more affordable PD.
- 2016-01-20Is an abortion really confidential in Singapore?
- 2016-01-20Any idea if I can get hold of last year's PSLE papers now?
- 2016-01-21I am currently sourcing for a day care centre for my 17 month daughter. May I ask what are the things that I should be looking out for during my visit to my shortlisted centres?
- 2016-01-21May I know roughly what are the charges for a babysitter?
- 2016-01-21I just moved to sg from Aust with my 3 months old. We need to get immunization done and I was a shocked at the cost for basic vaccinations - it's free back home. Do vaccinations cost vary across the clinics in Singapore? Can someone please suggest a reasonably price placed?
- 2016-01-22Did anyone go for placenta encapsulation? Where and how much?
- 2016-01-22I'm looking for a psychiatrist who specialises in personality disorders and depression. It's for an adult, not a child.
- 2016-01-22Has anyone had IVF in Thailand and could recommend Drs and Clinics? I am not married therefore IVF in Singapore is not an option.
- 2016-01-22I want to get a divorce. We have a 1 year old. Husband is from the US and I am from Europe and we have been living in Singapore for 9 years.Things cant be worked out and I want to move back home. What law will decide about the child custody? SG law, US law or my country? Can I go home with my child and do everything from there or do I need to stay in Singapore? Is there any chance that I will be asked to stay in Singapore for the child's best interest?
- 2016-01-22I am at TMC and there's a high chance that I will deliver my baby prematurely. Any recommendations for a good PD who specialises in premature babies?
- 2016-01-22Does anyone know the approximate total cost for having a baby in Singapore? This would include cost for prenatal visits, testing and delivery by C-section.
- 2016-01-23I hate my confinement nanny - I hate the fact that she gets to keep baby while I have to sit in my room and rest. I hate the fact that she thinks she has rights over everything baby. Is this normal?
- 2016-01-23My domestic helper has asked for a raise. May I ask what is an appropriate amount after working with me for 2 years? After the 1st year, we raised it by $20.