The temperature for confinement period is real hot especially I have to follow my mum's advice which is no aircon, fan and not to wash hair. How do you go through your confinement period?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I try to stay in air-con room at 24 degree Celsius which is just nice for our body. But I would avoid direct fan blow though. For washing hair part, you can buy Da Feng Ai from chinese medical hall. Boil the herbs and mixed with warm water. Blow dry your hair using hair dryer. You can try to explain to your mom the rational behind the 'no washing hair' during ancient time. http://www.euyansang.com.sg/beware-these-6-confinement-myths/eysfertility1.html For me, I wash my hair every alternate day but I take bath daily as I need to latch baby so keep myself clean is very important.

Read more

Here's an article by a new mum who ignored the traditional confinement rules: http://sg.theasianparent.com/going_against_confinement/ However, I guess you are staying with your mother and it is best not to get into an argument with her over what needs to be done. I would suggest that you negotiate with her to at least allow you to take a shower but promising to towel dry your body and blow dry your hair immediately after the bath. Feeling comfortable physically can definitely help with your mood, which will aid in your recovery process.

Read more
TapFluencer

Please go through online sites and check if all the guidelines you follow are backed by research, science and technology. Your mum wants what’s best for you but she did not have easy access to information during her time. Some of the things she asks you to do might just not have any scientific evidence. You are more informed than her. Info is all in your fingertips.

Read more
VIP Member

According to confinement tradition, you are supposed to sweat all the toxins and expel the wind in your body out. Personally, I find it really unhygienic to go without a shower or hair wash for more than a day, so I showered and washed my hair with hot herbal water.

Did everything I was not allowed to Bathing, aircon, fan and even went for a swim because it’s so hot!

VIP Member

Cant stand without fan. Had heat rashes on me, in the end mil allow to hv fan but not direct.

thanks

I don’t care I bathe secretly haha

VIP Member

By having lots of Faith and Patience

On aircond