I am in week 35 and thinking about changing my doctor I chose for delivery. I would still like to deliver in Mount E Orchard, but am looking for a doctor who is more open for my wishes especially concerning birth plan like delayed cord clamping, skin to skin contact and no c section unless an emergency. Could you please advice me?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

During week 35 is a bit late to change gynae but still possible. It will take sometimes to develop trust in a particular gynae and thus changing gynae at week 35 might make you feel insecure. I am not sure what is the major issue that make you want to change gynae? Is he not pro-natural enough? You may want to try to discuss your wish to gynae. I do have a friend who changed gynae after 30 weeks pregnant as her previous gynae did not want to let her try Vaginal Birth After C-sect and thus she switched to a gynae that is pro-VBAC.

Read more
VIP Member

You are almost due and to be honest, your birth plan should have actually been relayed to your gynae way earlier to ensure that there is a proper match in values. Most gynaes should respect skin to skin contact, and emergency c sect. As for delayed cord clamping, maybe you can speak with your gynae again. If not, you may want to check with the hospital to see if there are any other gynae that you can speak with.

Read more

why not, if there's mismatch in your preference vs his approach. most importantly, you need a gynae that respect you and be supportive. jiayou mummy

I think you can always try! I just changed my gynae at week 34 to someone else who’s more aligned and caring for me. Don’t give up 💪🏻

You could try dr Douglas Ong in mount e orchard - he would be flexible in such matters and is really good too

Can try Dr Han How Chuan, private clinic and can be deliver in Mount E.

thanks

You can try Dr Kek Lee Phin

Post reply image

dr kowa

VIP Member

Too late.