I hate my confinement nanny - I hate the fact that she gets to keep baby while I have to sit in my room and rest. I hate the fact that she thinks she has rights over everything baby. Is this normal?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is normal to be feeling the way you do. You may be able to relate to this blogpost: http://fourfeetnine.com/2013/12/27/the-big-green-monster-a-little-boy-and-me/ Have a talk with your confinement lady. Let her know that you would like to learn from her how to handle an infant especially since she will be gone after a month. At the same time, take advantage of her being around and let your body recover. After this initial month, you will be the one handling all the tasks so your body will likely appreciate the chance to recuperate.

Read more

This is perfectly normal, so don't get so worked up over it. It's natural to feel like someone is crossing into your space... but remember, that's why she is there - to help you recuperate and look after your baby. Also remember she is a temporary inclusion in your family. I know how frustrating it can be for you, but at least you know that your baby is truly happy with your nanny and that when you are gone he/she is in good hands. Don't see your nanny as a rival, but as an extention of you.

Read more
VIP Member

Sorry you feel this way! And it's probably the pregnancy post partum hormones. Try to enjoy the You time. You won't get much me time when the confinement lady leaves