My wife wants to go back to work a month after delivery. Should I encourage her to or tell her to take more time with our newborn? I travel a lot and don't want my daughter suffering at such a tender age without one of us around most of the time. Do advise!

9 Replies

one of you should ideally be around the baby at this time, as your baby is really very small. whether or not it is your decision as a husband is different, but i support your concern as a father. a

..more

i kind of agree with you. 1 month is too young to leave a baby behind without the father or mother there. talk to her and understand why she wants to get back to work so soon. there are so many pr

..more

You need to respect her decision, like you said you are not around. Unless you are going to be around, i don't think you can say much.

I would really encourage her to maximize her maternity leave and spend it with the baby. Yes, she might be missing work but work will always be there but the bonding she can have with your child on th

..more

You should tell your wife what is going on indoor mind. But, I think you let her make the final call. May be, she doesn't want to give up her career or thinks that too many leaves might leave her out

..more