My wife wants to go back to work a month after delivery.

My wife wants to go back to work a month after delivery. Should I encourage her to or tell her to take more time with our newborn? I travel a lot and don't want my daughter suffering at such a tender age without one of us around most of the time. Do advise!

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You’ve probably wondered before, “If my husband cheated on me, How would I know? That’s a question I kept asking myself. Well, statistically, a lot of women do most infact, including me. I’d been married for 2 years battling with lies & cover ups my husband dish out. I’d had my doubts about the amount of time my husband was spending with his female assistant. But with a big project at their office, it made sense—or so I told myself. I was too ashamed to even mention it to my colleagues at work cos I had no concrete evidence but this faithful day I was really sad & needed to talk to someone, had a talk with my neighbour’s daughter, she told me about her friend & how he is an expert. I contacted him and he was able to clone my husbands phone the same day without having physical access with it, I got full access to his messages, call logs & chats. That was how I got all the proof I needed to confront him. Glad I contacted him. You can reach him on [email protected] WWW.HACKERSPYVILLE.COM

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

It's her call. Mothers makes huge sacrifices carrying a child and delivering, if her work is important for her and she decide so, support her, help her. Help put in place everything possible so she can go back to work - schedules, helpers, in-laws, equipment like breast-pumps. It's going to be hard, from everything i have read, she would not have recovered fully in a month and breast feeding is very taxing. Life is a balancing act, giving birth and raising a child is tremendous experience and all parents want to give the best to the child. Reality is that there are sometimes trade-offs and what your wife want is important too. If well planned, I believe you can really have your cake and eat it too - raising a child and giving the best to him or her, esp in quality time and upbringing, while still having a full life as an individual.

Read more

You should tell your wife what is going on indoor mind. But, I think you let her make the final call. May be, she doesn't want to give up her career or thinks that too many leaves might leave her out of focus and would be difficult for her to join her job later. Many women give up their career after delivering and many go through depression of staying at home. Perhaps, she is already feeling depressed being at home. Try to figure out why she wants to join so soon, and if she can work out a few more leaves from the office it will be great for the baby as well for the health of your wife.

Read more

one of you should ideally be around the baby at this time, as your baby is really very small. whether or not it is your decision as a husband is different, but i support your concern as a father. also, 1 month is too early for your wife to get back to work. i am not sure she is fit to go to work and also care for the baby when she is back home. maybe speak to her and tell her what is bothering you.

Read more

i kind of agree with you. 1 month is too young to leave a baby behind without the father or mother there. talk to her and understand why she wants to get back to work so soon. there are so many problems that can arise. nanny or daycare, how to breastfeed baby, managing time with office and baby, and of course it also has a lot to do with her health.

Read more

You can tell your wife about your intention on letting her to take care of the baby until she turns older e.g. 4 months old. Also, try to let her check out if the company allows her to work from home during the first few months. I do have friends requested company to work from home and they managed to stay at home with baby for a longer period.

Read more
VIP Member

A month is actually too early to be back at work, which is why there are 16 weeks of maternity leave. Giving birth is taxing on the body and proper rest is needed. However, if she has made up her mind and can't be convinced, do ensure your baby is placed in safe hands with reliable caregivers.

I would really encourage her to maximize her maternity leave and spend it with the baby. Yes, she might be missing work but work will always be there but the bonding she can have with your child on the days she will rest, feed the baby and just be with baby is priceless.

It’s up to doctors recommendations. If she is able to work and have urgent works that need to be completed, you should not argue with her. It’s really good if baby and you also be there. She will automatically tell to let’s stay at home 🏠

You can tell your wife what your thinking and opinion .You also need understanding why your wife want go back to work .Maybe she feeling stress when take care baby ? I believe that discussion is very important when solve the problem .