What are 'normal' fees for a regular (just to check if everything is ok) visit to a pediatrician? Am wondering if $250 is too steep and if I should consider another more affordable PD.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If your $250 is only for consultation, it is very expensive. If the cost include medicines and tests, it is not expensive. Normally PD charge consultation between $80 to $100 per visit exclude medication. For first time visit, the fees will be more expensive, which range from $100 to $150 for consultation. Subsequent visits will be cheaper.

Read more

I agree with Carla. $250 is definitely on the steep end. Alternatively, you coule consider going to NUS Emergency for Children. Registration is about $100+, but waiting time is definitely much much shorter than KK Hospital. I personally find the staffs and nurses a lot more attentive as compared to the ones in KK Hospital.

Read more
VIP Member

If you go to this link: https://www.practo.com/singapore/pediatrician, you wouldn't really find many pedias charging at least $250. In fact, of the 105 Singapore pedias on the list, only 2 charge $250 or over. On that same list, 87 charge $100 or lower, and 38 charge $50 or lower. So yeah, I would say that $250 is steep.

Read more

thanks