Are slings better than soft carriers for the Singapore heat?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

In theory, it does sound like slings are better for the Singapore heat and humidity but there are plenty of soft carriers that are built for baby and mommy's comfort in tropical, humid climates. My best friend uses the Ergobaby Performance carrier. Ergobaby Performance carriers are a great choice because it is a buckle carrier that is lightweight, breathable and great for hot, humid weather like Singapore's. It also features a mesh panel that offers extra ventilation. http://www.lazada.sg/ergobaby-performance-carrier-ventus-purple-2439434.html

Read more

Some slings are cooler depending on the material. If baby is young, there will not be a problem using a sling but if baby is older, it will be hard to take all the weight on one shoulder when you are out for long. I ditched my sling and used a soft structured carrier even though it is warmer as the weight are too much to bear. But I will bring a handheld fan out to use if the weather is too hot.

Read more
VIP Member

Not necessarily - soft structured carriers (SSCs) are generally airy, and some come with mesh panels to make them even more so. But it really depends on your bub. My little one absolutely rejected ring sling as she hates to have her face "hidden". We have the ergo and use the insert and she absolutely loves it. :)

Read more
VIP Member

It depends on the material, rather than the type of carrier. I have a Pognae soft structured carrier, with a zippered mesh opening. If you're looking for a sling, you can try one that's converted from a woven wrap.

Read more
Post reply image

thanks