kinder clinic mount alvernia

I'm due in a few weeks and will deliver in Mount Alvernia. My obs has advised me a list of pediatricians in Mount Alvernia to choose from I'm a first time mother and I want a doctor who is approachable, pro-breast feeding. has reasonable fees and is not extremely busy since we are both working parents. any reviews in kinder clinic mount alvernia? I live in Holland and it would be great if the obstetrician also has a office in my area. Other pediatricians my doctor advices are: dr. Darryl Lim dr. Lim Kwang Hsien dr. Simon Ng dr. Ong Eng Keow dr. Terrance Tan Any thoughts on them?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It's not necessary to go back to them after ur baby discharge from the hospital. Dr terance tan if he is terance tan min hwa, he is very good and friendly and not hard sell type. (As in, my room mates PD is so fierce like hard sell, asking her to rent the thing room etc. can't rmb much cause it's pretty long ago) He is PD for my no1, we didn't went back to him, but heard his Q is extremely long waiting and he is very friendly too, of course all PD have their good and hate supporters as well, if google for their reviews. Good is he will tell me, if you are Singaporean, polyclinic offer wide ranges of vaccination which is free, can go back there for jaundice check and vaccination. 1st time visit for jaundice check baby got priorities, sub, they ask u make appointment, so do go on appointment time and not too early, as they follow appointment time on dot for babies too, if not, i didn't make appt, i just walk in to check till baby is good to dismiss. And it's pretty fast for babies.

Read more

Mine is Dr Ong. He was the P.D. in charge of my baby since birth because of premature delivery. I stuck with him thereafter. He’s definitely pro bfing. He’s been saying “bf for one year” since the first time I saw him, in a very matter of fact tone, like totally take it for granted that I will just do that. When in fact all I intended to do was 4 months, and I just politely one ear in one ear out. I think he’s quite busy, but never impolite and doesn’t chase us away. I will still just make sure I ask whatever I want to ask before I leave even when he looks busy. Unfortunately I do need to go back to Mount A for every visit. Overall I think he’s quite good, especially given my baby was premature, was in nicu then high jaundice level, and needed follow up and monitoring. Quite reassuring.

Read more

I chose Simon Ng for my #2 because I already knew what I want regarding jaundice procedures and vaccinations and was looking for a Pd that was in line with my views. He's a man of little words and usually won't offer much info unless you ask so I wouldn't go for him if you want someone who is cheery and will talk you through each step. He's really affordable and waiting time isn't Long though. I have heard good reviews about Terence Tan and Ong Eng Keow so you may want to pay them a visit or give the clinic a call to find out about their rates and styles before you decide. :)

Read more

My baby's PD is Dr Ong. He is a nice doctor and did refer me to the LC when my baby has jaundice during the early days. However, I just don't get the feel from him that he is pro breastfeeding exclusively. Also, the appointments r always rushed as he has lots of patients so I need to think of what questions to ask n ask them quickly before he Scoots off for the next patient (happens to me once when I need to stop him n ask before he went off). But he is still a nice doc n is good at diagnosing babies, vaccinations..

Read more

My PD was Dr. Lim Kwang Hsien and he was super nice! He noticed I was still struggling with breastfeeding and helped arranged a consultation with the lactation consultant when I went back for the first time after discharge. He was the one who pointed out to me that polyclinic has free vaccination for Singaporeans and that it would be nearer for me to visit polyclinic then to travel frequently to his clinic at mt A. due to baby jaundice. A very patient and friendly PD!

Read more
VIP Member

my girl's PD is Dr. Darryl Lim, mostly he is in mt.A clinic but some other day he is at Pandan Valley clinic. I think the Pandan Valley one should be nearer your place. We tried a few PD nearer to our house but always come back to him, cos the other PD's diagnosis does not satisfy us. For the other PD in mt.A we prefer dr.Terrence compare to dr.Lim Kwang Hsien, had a bad experience with him when he was the only doctor incharged last time.

Read more

My PD was Dr Darryl Lim since my LO was born. He's v good. But i only go to him when there are more serious issues w LO, for normal vaccinations i go to my own family doc (GP) as its slightly cheaper and faster. And he is okay with that too.

We have been seeing Dr Simon Ng for the past 6 months. He is very patient and explains clearly. A very experienced PD and he was recommended by my student's father who is a gastroenterologist.

VIP Member

I have visited Dr Lim Kwang Hsien at Kinder Clinic parkway east. He is there on Tuesday and Thursday nights and is quite good. No feedback on the others.

I have heard some great things about all of them, especially Dr Darryl Lim, Dr Lim Kwang Hsien and Dr Terrance Tan