theAsianparent Site Map - Articles for September 2016
- 2016-09-26Any reviews on Dr James Lee? He has clinics at Bishan and Mt E Novena.
- 2016-09-26I came from a English speaking background when growing up, what should I do so that my child will be made fun of being "jiak kang tang"?
- 2016-09-26Hi all I am at a predicament. I am going to deliver late October. I have a son who is 2yrs 3months old currently attending 2hours playgroup.
My mom takes care of my son while I work full time. Now that I am about to deliver my 2nd child, I worry about the care arrangement. As my mother is already in her 60s- even though physically fit, I tink its physically/mentally impossible to get her to take care of an active boy, my 2nd child and my dad. Dad is in his 70s but has gout attacks and heart disease so mom has to cook for him and get ready his food. He is otherwise independant in other activities of living.
I am tinking of enrolling my son to full time child care starting Jan. I read a few forums saying that it takes at least a month for a child to adjust to childcare is that true? I can't help but feel guilty. -_- He is barely 3 but has to attend full time class.. wont that be physically and mentally tiring? How do u moms do it? I can't bear to leave him the whole day at childcare but no choice. Mom has to care for the 2nd baby when I return to work in late Feb.
My mother in law has been bugging me to get her maid to help out since noone is at home(all working). We live about 5 stops away. I am against this idea as it is against the law to get a maid to work 2 places!
- 2016-09-26My Lo is 11 months old and down with flu n cough. His runny nose is getting better but his phlegm seems forever there. Doc gave cough syrup that is supposed to help with phlegm but doesn't seem to help. Any effective medication to help rid phlegm? fluimucil?
- 2016-09-26My LO is 12 weeks old and I'm joining work next week. He has been breast fed till now. After joining i plan to pump at work and latch baby after i come home. I have my mother at home who will take care of the baby after I resume work. Can any of you mommies share their baby's play and nap schedule at 3 months.
Thanks in advance
- 2016-09-26which would you recommend for a 20mths toddler? A scooter or a balance bike? And why.
- 2016-09-26Anyone know how to get e-KTKLN for Indonesian maid? My Indonesian maid homesick and need to go home for a while. But friends said seems need KTKLN.
- 2016-09-27Any recommended PD at hougang area?
- 2016-09-27I am a SAHM and will be sending my daughter to a half day programme at Mindchamps soon. Is there anything I could do to prepare her for school, especially to ease her separation anxiety?
- 2016-09-27Both husband and me are Malaysian and we are coming from Chinese educated background. But our child born in Sg. Should we speak only mandarin to our child? If yes will it be difficult for our child to pick up the english spoken environment when growing up? And primary language in sg is english. I feel weird when I speak mandarin to our child but people around me mostly speak english. Both of us feel that Mandarin and English are important too.
- 2016-09-27Any good child care centre to introduce around hougang area? Can share name and price ~ Tia
- 2016-09-27Where are the places to shop for toys? Is it cheaper to get it online, for example Amazon? Will the shipping fees be exorbitant if I buy from Amazon? :)
- 2016-09-27Is there anything we parents can do to make the transition to pre-school as easy and as little traumatic as possible for our LOs?
- 2016-09-27What are the basic safety rules parents should go through with our preschooler?
- 2016-09-27Do you think it's a little too overwhelming for my 4yr old if we are trying to teach her 3 languages right now? (English, Malay and Thai, due to our heritage). Should we stick to just 2 and explore the third language later on? Or is it ok to introduce them all to her now?
- 2016-09-27At what age do you place your child in Chinese enrichment class to prepare them for primary, which enrichment school do you prefer?
- 2016-09-27teens these generation is way too different with ours .. how do you handle with it po.. tsaka how do you keep your communication open lalo pa prone ang peer pressure? are you an authoritative type or yung parang barkadalang with your teen?
- 2016-09-28Hi mummies, any remedy to treat nappy rash? My nephew gotten a red patch on his butt which we think is nappy rash. Please help as baby cry out loud in pain when we clean his butt. Thanks
- 2016-09-28i have an 8mth old at home, hub n i speak to him in english, where both side grandparents in mandarin & hokkien. Lately, hub's nephew who had attended childcare for a year only speak in english to everyone (including his china mum), and his english has a strong american slang while he cant even properly pronounce 1-10 in mandarin. Im thinking is it necessary for hub n myself to start switching to mandarin so that after attending childcare he will not just speak english? In my personal perspective it is more difficult to master Chinese than English thus im worried m
- 2016-09-28Hi, anybody heard of this millennium cactus juice? Read that can give to children to boost immune system. Dunno how true. Anyone has tried it and can give review? I do know it is v expensive.
- 2016-09-28For SAHMs, what is the monthly household income for you to be comfortable?
- 2016-09-28I have heard that arbi should be avoided during pregnancy. Is it true?
- 2016-09-28I will be holding my girl baby shower at my house (4room flat), around 50 pax adults. Decided on neos garden for catering.
Qns 1) Is neos garden serving portion generous? Of 50 adults attending, should i order 50 pax or 45 pax?
Qns 2) Any recommendation for affordable cake gift for my guest? Preferably per box range between $5 to $7 if there is any.
Qns 3) For the cake gift, is it 1 box per guest or family?
Qns 4) Do i need to deliver extra cake gift to people i didn't invite but it's my relative?
Qns 5) if i invited my friends or relatives but they no time to come, shall i still deliver the cake gift to them?
- 2016-09-28Which Gynae charges is economical ?
- 2016-09-28Where can I get preloved toys for my preschooler? Thanks!
- 2016-09-28Any 1 to 1 tution for phonics? Nearby sengkang
- 2016-09-29Does FBM supposed to have a fishy & strong smell? Is that consider spoilt milk? Can we still feed LO if it's not spoilt & normal to have that smell? How Long can they be kept in freezer?
- 2016-09-29Do u shave your pubic hair before a c section? Or let the nurse do so at the hospital before the procedure? I'm not so keen to shave if can avoid as it would cause itchiness at that area after that. Do share ur advice, suggestions or solution. Tks mummies!:)
- 2016-09-29Hello, any reviews for Raffles House Preschool at Toa Payoh? Is there any good preschools at Toa Payoh that you would like to recommend?
- 2016-09-29Hi Mummies and Daddies,
Any good places to send babies for swimming lessons.
I have trailed Little Splashes. We enjoyed the lessons but we don't quite like the idea where only one parent can be with baby and the rest of the family member can't even watch due to the orientation of the pool
- 2016-09-29Anyone with sensitive ears here? If your ears are infected by earrings, do you remove the earrings? for how long? will the hole close? my 4.5yo just got her ears pierced end june/early july, suspect that she have sensitive ears. she really wants to wear earrings so hopong not to let the holes close after all she have been through.
- 2016-09-29Any good and cheap body binder to recommend?
- 2016-09-29My lo is having a bad cough suddenly, any quick remedies before to sooth her so that she can slp well before we bring her to the doc?
- 2016-09-29Hi I am keen to let my 9mo gal try yogurt and cheese. However she has a lot of phlegm since birth, is it still ok to give her yoghurt. Also what brands of yoghurt and cheese will be good? I read cottage cheese is better but this is so hard to get.
- 2016-09-30My nanny will be on holiday for a month in December, i really have problems on who can look after my LO this dec. Any body has any suggestions?
I have applied for infant care but still no call from them.
- 2016-09-30Parents who put your LO in infant care, when your Lo celebrate his bday , what do u bring ? A cake ? Cos yesterday one of my boy's classmates celebrated his 1 year old bday and they brought a cake but in the end , none of the children there can eat the cake. Cos of sugar contents I think plus some still below 1 year old .. Anybody has any suggestion?
- 2016-09-30I stay with my parents in law and send my child (2.5 yes old) to childcare centre recently. My mil became unhappy with me as she couldn't bear to see my girl go to school at such young age. The reason why I sent my girl to cc was because I couldn't stand the way she look after my girl. She would feed my girl with lots of tidbits and cold drinks (no control), let her scream and shout at home, no manners and watch iPad throughout the day. She does all those because it was the easy way out for her and she said that she's so old already still got no freedom, everyday need to help look after the kid and she can't go walk walk in shooing centres.
Nothing seems to satisfy her. As my girl's cc closes at 7pm, I asked my mil to help pick up my girl close to 7pm so that they can have some free time on their own. But she went to pick up my girl daily at 3pm! And complained that she is very tired looking after her when I am at work.
I raised the option of quitting my job to look after my girl, yet she disallowed as well, saying that she already has a maid at home to do chores, I will just become a tai tai if I quit my job. Basically she rejects all the solutions that we could think of. But first and foremost, she was the one who created this problem! She just wants to create a problem and ask people for solution, yet when solution is given to her, she doesn't want to accept.
Is this evil mil or what?
- 2016-09-30What are the benefits to send 18mth to a playground ? For example what kind of skill will he learn from attending playground that cannot learn staying at home ?
- 2016-09-30Anyone encounter this before:
Type 1: Want to bless an item and to collect in the east or central at my convenience (listed down all the possible locations) or top up for mail. The person stays in the west and expect me to travel up to pass the item to her cos she don't want to pay additional for postage.
Type 2: item that I wanted to bless is currently on hold and offered an alternative to the next person in queue. She expressed interested in the alternative produce, but when showed her the photo of the item, she told me she wants to think about it and asked me to give her some days to consider.
Why is it that blessing items to people who need it can be so difficult..
- 2016-09-30Which Gynae is most recommended for Vbac?
- 2016-09-30Which gynae do u recommend at the EAST?
- 2016-09-30Any parents whose PD prescribed flumicil (granules) to your LO? My LO is 11 months old . PD says to take 1 packet twice a day to help remove phlegm . My Fren said her PD says 1/2 a packet twice a day. Same age , 11 months old . So is it 1 packet or 1/2 packet each time ? Confused
- 2016-09-30Where and how can i test for zika? Recently have a few mosquito bites despite putting on insect repellent. ?
- 2016-09-30WTS Brand New WeeWee Drypers M size
Brand new 3 cartons of Drypers M size diapers
1 carton have 3 packet and in each packet, consist 74 pieces.
We bought the diapers at $16 per packet, hence we have reduced the price upfront
Buy 1 packet @ $12
Buy all (666 diapers) at $105
Collection to be at Yishun
- 2016-09-30I have short/flat nipples. Lo latches on though. But I'm worried that once bottle introduced he will prefer the bottle due to longer teat aka "nipple" and reject my nipple and forego latching altogether. I'm really afraid and don't dare to introduce bottle to be honest..I failed latching my #1 in the past and don't wish to fail with my #2 now that things are going ok the past 1 month...sigh..
- 2016-09-30Baby poo has been green the past few days..I have short/flat nipples..baby latches still though. The first 4 weeks was still fine..he had yellow mustard poo. But past few days green. No change in diet or whatsoever. Only difference is i feel that my breast gets full quicker and I suspect is foremilk imbalance. I'm really worried and sad that he's not getting the fatty milk. Isit that he didn't suck hard enough to get the fatty milk? His 1mth check was fine. He has gained back his birth weight and heavier by almost 1kg.
- 2016-09-30Is there anywhere or anyone who can home bake cakes, and we can diy the decorations ourselves? Or pretty cakes for toodlers at a low rate?
- 2016-09-30My edd is on the first week of Nov. What kind of postpartum binder should I buy?
What is the difference of the one piece binder and the 3in1 binder which recovery belly, waist, pelvis.
Confuse on which one should I buy.
- 2016-09-30What to do when my lo had a fall when he is asleep?
- 2016-10-01Is gestational diabetes caused by diet or some are at higher risk due to family history?
- 2016-10-01Hello, anyone uses recaro performance car seat? Can it be fitted to a 1.6l car? Thanks
- 2016-10-017 Month Baby rolled off the bed. Landed on her butt, but she knocked her head against the cupboard while falling. She wailed for about 5 mins. No blood or any Injuries. It's been 30 mins - she's ok now. But a little cranky. Should I be worried?
- 2016-10-01Pigeon or Phillips Avent breastfeeding and sterilizer brand? Which one would you recommend in terms of durability and practicality?
- 2016-10-01Hi mummies! Is baby walker bad for babies? I heard that legs might be slightly deformed.
- 2016-10-01Any good Tcm specializing in seeing children to recommend in the west area?my 11 months old baby has been down with flu , cough and phlegm quite frequently .. Bronchitis twice too.. :(
- 2016-10-01My LO of 8months poop very hard stool eveyday. She takes a lot of effort to force it out. The colour of the poop is very dark brown almost black. She is on solid and one intake of formula milk at night. She is still on breastmilk on the day. Please advise is this normal. Thanks
- 2016-10-01Any full-time working mom with no help from parents, helpers, family members? Just wanna know how y'all cope.
- 2016-10-01Mummies, during confinement period using warm water to wash face and brush teeth is it ok?
If I am breastfeeding my LO, can I eat raw salmon?
- 2016-10-01Hi all, would like to check with you when you put your lo at 18 months to chip care centre , beside paying for registration fee, is it true that you need to pay for a deposit like around $700 plu for lo till he or she is 6 years old then will be refund back to u?
- 2016-10-01Bumper playmat or bubble playmat? I'm intending to get a Parklon playmat for my 7 month old girl. Any advice on which to get? I'm confused between bumper and bubble playmat.
- 2016-10-01Hi, at what age can the little one start to drink milo?