How do you cope with no help?

Any full-time working mom with no help from parents, helpers, family members? Just wanna know how y'all cope.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am a full-time working mom with 2 kids. My husband and myself do not have extended family here so we do everything. How do we cope? We really help each other. My husband is on shift work so he tries to make sure he goes to work after I finish mine. Next, the hubby prepares all the food already for us as well as the baby. So there is always food in the ref. We rely on each other to make things easier at home. So far, we have been managing. Our eldest is 4yo already and the younger one is 1yo.

Read more

I am full time working mother with 2 kids, 10 & 5 yrs old and l totally no backup for kids. Just me and my husband. My life is just like daily routine. Wake up at 5am to prepare breakfast even lunch box for my son then send them to school. Rush bck home after knock off to fetch both of them cause my hubby work late. Reach home prepare dinner, do housework, chk their homeworks. Feel tired...but happy! Cause my kids appreaciated what l had do for them 😊

Read more
8y ago

Nope. But l will home make fruit juice, soya bean, red bean....etc regularly for family. And l prefer home cook foods less oil less salt. l also bring them out to exercise together.

But what if both parents are doing shift work? It’s really challenging when both can’t get time off to pick up the child from childcare. And no one at home to look after the kids until late at night. I’m hoping something will be done so that there’s childcare service outside of office hours for those who are doing shift work especially in service sector like retail and f&b.

Read more

Me! Generally my baby is quite easy to manage. It depends on your baby. If very high needs baby, need you to cuddle and rock and accompany ev min and second...or keep crying...best to have help from hubby at least. Otherwise it will be v stressful. For me after my lo back from ifc..she sleeps from 8 or 9pm all the way till nxt morning...

Read more
8y ago

Good for you. :) My baby only started sleeping through the night when he was approximately 22 months. prior to that, he would wake up almost every 3-4 hrs

I think planning is very impt for us. Sometimes even there is help also we headache. Cos both side grandparents will want to take care and we need to be the middle person to control the situation so as not to hurt anyone.. I think your hubby support is the most impt. Talk to him if needed. Don’t worry. Stay positive

Read more

hehe i got a part time helper to come once a week or fortnightly. Also using roomba to help vacuum floor. for cooking i use "electric lunch box" so that i dont need to monitor the fire as the steamer switches off on its own. haha i also need more tips!!:)

mom to a six girls .. no help from parent or family member .. honestly damn tiring but my all eldest are being helpful . another 3 in childcare saterday will be draining for me . Sunday my husband will takeover the chores

Iam in the same situation as you. 365 days a year 24 hours. No br3ak no external support. Only advise i can say is, just do it. How i cope? Honestly i dont know. Its just day to day, just do it :)

8y ago

i get sick very easily these days. I'm hoping it's just a phase but do u take any supplement?

Well you just have to live day by day. You will be super tired. But I do hire part time maid to help.with household chores or a baby sitter if need be

Myself and husband have to arrange the schedule properly to take care of children after work and bb been placed in infant care