Anyone with sensitive ears here? If your ears are infected by earrings, do you remove the earrings? for how long? will the hole close? my 4.5yo just got her ears pierced end june/early july, suspect that she have sensitive ears. she really wants to wear earrings so hopong not to let the holes close after all she have been through.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If sensitive, the ears should have shown it earlier and not wait so long actually. U need to practice good hygiene for the ear rings, take them out everyday and wash them w soap, ensure ur LO ears are washed too - the back of the ears - it could be the surrounding not clean If really sensitive, some pole go for gold ear rings, u can try gold plated or platinum or stainless steel - these have low reactivity for the ears

Read more
Super Mum

I do. So i dont really wear earrings. Once in awhile, have to wear earrings if not will close. Maybe ur girl is sensitive to the materials of the earrings. Try plastic instead of stainless steel or cheap earrings. Cheap earrings materials are bad for sensitive skin, will come out like pimple type on earlobes.

Read more

Another question: If you are sensitive, the reaction is immediate or is it possible that the reaction takes weeks and months before appearing?

5y ago

Its yes and no. Depands on individual. Mine will appear few hours after using cheap earrings. But will take few fews or months to recover from the allergy lumps and itch.

I do have sensitive ears. I cant wear any earring except for those plastic stud ones and have no issue.

Remove the earrings, and replace it with either plastic, surgical steel Or hypoallergenic earrings

VIP Member

Whatsapp me at 88286099 to share more info with you https://facebook.com/cherisheart.earpiercing

VIP Member

Best to remove them.. buy earrings meant for sensitive ears.

VIP Member

Please remove earrings and let it heal.