Baby poo has been green the past few days..I have short/flat nipples..baby latches still though. The first 4 weeks was still fine..he had yellow mustard poo. But past few days green. No change in diet or whatsoever. Only difference is i feel that my breast gets full quicker and I suspect is foremilk imbalance. I'm really worried and sad that he's not getting the fatty milk. Isit that he didn't suck hard enough to get the fatty milk? His 1mth check was fine. He has gained back his birth weight and heavier by almost 1kg.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

In my opinion, sounds like LO Is getting too much foremilk. do u express your bm at all or are you directly latching him only? Maybe you could try to pump out the bm for the first 20ml and then let your LO latch on after that? Do that 1 to 2 times to see if the colour of his poop changes? It happened to me too. I only started pumping after 3months. When I pump and store ebm in fridge, I could see the huge difference when the fats separate. First bottle could be so 'diluted'-looking whilst the hindmilk is very "creamy". And some days I get more foremilk and some days less! So don't stress yourself up mommy! Try my suggestion to express out some foremilk first and then DL him. All the best :)

Read more

My baby also have green poo and I've checked with the pd, green poo is because of too much iron that can't be processed in the baby stomach. It's alright not to worry.

8y ago

thanks. but every poo of his is green..it used to be yellow..furthermore I didn't. consume any iron supplement nor food high in iron..:(

Don't worry too much. Why don't you try to pump out the milk. As then the milk will be more visible. Otherwise yup trying probiotic is a good option.

Did u give probiotics? The moment my boy go on probiotics his poo turns green n even when I stop his poo never return to yellow

8y ago

yes I gave him biogiaia..u gave ur boy this too?