My edd is on the first week of Nov. What kind of postpartum binder should I buy? What is the difference of the one piece binder and the 3in1 binder which recovery belly, waist, pelvis. Confuse on which one should I buy.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

what 3-in-1 binder are you talking about? maybe u can comment or edit your post so that there can be more specific and constructive advise. on the other hand,have you already delivered or going to deliver? sometimes hospitals will have and medical grade binders are actually the best, you can get them at the hospital. if you are going to do jam massage, sometimes they do give cloth binder which is also not bad. i used 1 piece binder i got from my hospital stay at TMC after my c sect to support the wound and then the cloth binder during jamu days. I bought other binder/hip binders but didn't have the chance to use it as needed to air my wound better but in the end, also almost back to the pre-pregnancy shape. so maybe not that important?

Read more
5y ago

Does TMC provide binder for c sect mummies or you have to get yourself?

For me I bought the belly bandit post partum binder in bamboo material as I tend to have sensitive skin. It is a one piece binder and I prefer this to the 3 piece kind as it is easier to put on and less hot. I am not very disciplined when it comes to putting on things like this so anything that is too much of a hassle won't work for me. Especially as a new mommy , time is previous, the less pieces to wear the better. Belly bandit is a very recognized brand for postpartum binder. Here is a picture of the one I bought. The material is very soft. For people who go through c sect I believe the hospital will recommend anther type of binder aimed at supporting the muscles around the wound and to lessen the pain during walking

Read more
Post reply image