What are the benefits to send 18mth to a playground ? For example what kind of skill will he learn from attending playground that cannot learn staying at home ?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi do you mean playgroup? I think playgroup can develop their social skills things like sharing , following instructions, activity as a group, interacting with kids of the same age. You can definitely teach the same things like phonics or academic stuffs at home but the social part I think it is not the same. However they will tend to fall sick more easily once they go playgroup so must be prepared for that. It is also a chance for your baby to be independent and away from you for a few hours. I feel that's good and prepares them for education later on.

Read more

If you mean playgroup, attending one can hone his/her social skills. It will teach your lo how to deal with other in terms of sharing, behaving and others and playgroup teachers also teach songs, dances, colours, number etc. IN short, they can make learning fun. It can also be expensive though. But you can invite some mummy friends to your home and your kids can play together and you can take turns in teaching the kids songs and dances. Now, this does not cost anything, except for coffee and snacks perhaps :-)

Read more

I think you mean playgroup :) My girl attended childcare pg class when she 18month and she learns alot from there. She becomes more independent , more sociable , being able to share things with friends. Her vocubary increase very fast . I have no regrets sending her to Playgroup which is totally opposite of what i have though earlier , lo should not attend school so early. Now everyday she back home singing different songs

Read more
8y ago

Hi Sherlin, Do you send her to a playgroup that are only like 2hours or a child care like which is the entire day

Yes i think you meant playgroup. I believe its just the social skills, learning to share toys, playing together. That said, there are many skills that you can impart at home too ! See link here. http://www.friso.com.sg/learning-and-experiences/emotional-strength/essential-life-skills-your-preschooler-can-learn-at-home.html

Read more
VIP Member

Social skills & also to learn that things need to be share & to be considerate to other classmates

hi for mine is whole day childcare .

8y ago

mine is my world at jurong