Hi mummies! Is baby walker bad for babies? I heard that legs might be slightly deformed.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not really deformed unless u put there for hours when baby is still v v young. But for u to have considered walker, baby must have some strength in the body and legs. It delays the proper development of muscles for walking actually as baby will prefer to use their toes to "sweep"/push themselves to their intended places - there's also the danger of baby can reach and topple things much easier if in walker..... As for deformed legs, I think pole mistaken it with the lack of calcium / vitamin d / phosphorus thereby causing rickets -- the bowing of knees

Read more

Baby walkers are not recommended by PDs. I am not sure about the deformed legs part but baby walkers are pretty dangerous. It gives extra speed to the babies and this to me is a hazard. Why don't you use an exersaucer instead of a baby walker? I don't think it is necessary to give babies to encourage them to walk. When I was young I had no baby Walker but I started walking at 10mo too. Children have their own different pace of development . When it is time your baby will learn to walk by himself :)

Read more

I grew up in walker n I don't have weird looking legs Nor tiptoe-Ing. 1) Make sure bb is talk enough for the walker such that he doesn't need to tiptoe to stand in it 2) make sure that bb can stand well b4 u start using the walker 3) limit the time bb is in the walker. Usually I only leave mine in 1 for a max of 10 min n when he is in walker I actually did not leave him alone but will be with him throughout the time he is in the walker

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-18516)

It depend on u , both my kids use baby walker , my boy this oct will be 1 yr old n he can walk few steps now , so I think not problem for me n my kids

Yes. My brother was the only one who had it and now he is bow legged. He is 21 year-old.now..

Yes baby walker is actually banned in Canada.

Let bb use walker around 12 months