theAsianparent Site Map - Articles for July 2016
- 2016-07-04Any parent speak language other than english as main language to Lo.. How you manage to make Lo understand english while in school? t.i.a
- 2016-07-05How many times a month should a married with kids couple be having sex? Is there a minimum amount of times a month?
- 2016-07-05Anyone can share your lo's first birthday
Event planner contacts?
- 2016-07-05One teacher at my lo's IFC accidentally opened a new tin of formula milk. :( My lo has been on total bf/bm since 2 months plus. The tin of milk was bought just in case of insufficient bm. Should I let her do mixed feeding at IFC, cos it'll be a waste if I throw away the fm after 3 weeks, or should I just continue to let her drink bm?
- 2016-07-05Anyone interested in 11 Mothercare rompers, 5 petit bateau singlets, 3 random branded rompers for $40? All for newborn girl. Can fit 0-3 months.
Pick up from Telok Ayer street, Tanjong Pagar or Ayer rajah crescent only.
- 2016-07-05I heard that Estonia has started to teach primary 1 kids how to code. It's part of the school curriculum. Do u think that's a good idea?
- 2016-07-05Hi Mummy,
Is it a must to give baby teething toys? Any mummies here don't give teething toys to baby? And why?
- 2016-07-05UWC or SAIS? Which would you choose and why?
- 2016-07-06Where is good to bring the kids today
- 2016-07-06Mummies I been bf my girl, but sometime she will drink and drink and vomit.. This few days she been making the sound of vomit but not vomit .. Is she too full or because after her drink when she drink finish we carry her? She is 4 months old..
- 2016-07-06Lo neck is red and have small little spot all over the neck~ I just tried to apply cicaplast baume B5 for him as heard from other mummies is good for eczema ~ anyone any idea is it his skin sensitive to the cream too?
- 2016-07-06I'm planning for travels with a 22mth old and am facing a dilemma on whether to let him sit in the bassinet or get a seat. Any advice?
- 2016-07-06Mummies, how your teach your toddler to learn spelling? Any tips? Thanks!
- 2016-07-06My baby is 10 months old, we co sleep with my baby. He will sleep only by sucking my breast and then keep sucking until close to half an hour and fall asleep. In the night he wakes up close to 3 times again suck suck until he falls asleep. Daddy tried to make him sleep on all the occasions however he will cry and cry and we give up and let him suck. I am feeling exhausted and this is only during night as I am working Mother. I have never given him pacifier however should I give him pacifier now, feeling helpless.
- 2016-07-06How to wean baby off BM and switch to FM?
- 2016-07-06I'm married but I intend to file a divorce with my husband soon.
Is it possible for me not to add his name into my child's birth cert? I'm afraid he would snatch my son from my if we divorce.
Someone please advise.
- 2016-07-06Hi, my LO now is 9m+
He s fully breastfed on EBM. for the past 5days his stool is green - i've googled it says due to oversupply milk which maybe am.
I latch him only on sleeping time and led him to comfort feeding and maybe he drank too much of foremilk that cause the stool to be green.
I ve since reduced it and bottlefed him instead, but nothing changed..
Any mummies experience this and gone to PD?
- 2016-07-06My Wife does not want my Son learning coding. She wants him to become a doctor. My Son is 4 years old and he's quite fascinated with games and my ipad. I feel I should overrule her and send him for classes. How can I convince my Wife?
- 2016-07-06Hi mummies, how is ur meal plan fr 7 months baby throughout the day?
- 2016-07-06My husband and I are thinking of a date night for our wedding anniversary but my 4 months old baby refuses the bottle* and also only wants me to carry if not he will cry.....
Since I am going back to work next month, we were thinking of using this opportunity to start training him by leaving him with my parents (technically he should be familiar with them but he also doesn't allow carrying) take care of him for 4 hours while we go out.
Have any of you with similar experience? Will this progressive training work? How long is it fair to let him cry out? Or should we just eat at the kopitiam downstairs so that we can run back up if needed?
*we have tried different bottles and I will go out of the house for that few minutes and let the other caregiver feed him but nothing works
- 2016-07-06Any good recommendation for baby carrier that suits Singapore's hot and humid weather ? Was thinking Ergo baby or manduca at first..
- 2016-07-07how old onwards do you wean baby off mid-of-the-night feedings? my bb is now coming to 6months old in a few days. she still waking up for night feeds 1~2 times
- 2016-07-07My son been having this since past few weeks, according to doctor and relatives it is normal due to heat. Is it true? Tried dipping cotton ball into warm water to clean it but still the same. And it's only on the left side of the eye. Any other remedy to cure it?
- 2016-07-07anyone know if the money in our LO account can b withdraw out by parents?
- 2016-07-07How to solve separate anxiety disorder for my 2 years old twin boys?
- 2016-07-07Anyone have try giving baby pasta???
- 2016-07-07Anyone kid who has jaundice when born? Polyclinic doc advice me to stop breastfeed for now cos im taking confinement chinese red dates which could be the cause of the jaundice level. true?
- 2016-07-07May I know how many times u give lo drink gripes water and how many ml if lo is 6 months ?
- 2016-07-07Lo is 3wks20days and fully fed on formula, recently he has been drinking less, he wakes up and doesn't really want to drink...he used to drink 110 to 120ml every 3-4 hr...now sometime he can finish, sometimes drink 60-80ml n sometimes over 5hrs he also don wan milk...it became so random till i dont know how to make for him. Could this be a growth spurt or teething or maybe he isn't feeling well?
- 2016-07-09How much does it cost to raise a child in Singapore?
- 2016-07-09sometimes due to the stress to manage family, work and children, i experience breathing difficulties at times. symptom that i may b at risk?
- 2016-07-09Can share how much fm ur lo is taking when he/she is 6 months old? Cause mine is taking 120ml which I think is abit less
- 2016-07-09My son just ate 1/4 of a moldy bun which he took out of his school bag. Should I be concerned and what will happen?
- 2016-07-09My LO 15mo she is too active.(she will move around non stop for 1-2hrs w/o resting down) At their age right now it's too early to detect if they are consider hyper active?
- 2016-07-09My Mother and i don't have a great relationship. Infact I would classify it as a toxic relationship. She's always been upset that I don't "obey" her and that I march to my own beat. She's a highly controlling and manipulative woman and does things to please others outside the family unit (Super Dr Jekyll N Hyde personality). The world adores her but I am not a huge fan. I feel she has been one of the most damaging influences in my life and I am grateful that I am no longer in her clutches. (We are very civil to each other, though).
Anyway, ever since I had a child, my mother has been wanting to get close to her grandchild. I can see that she adores my child and wants to build a bond. However, I still keep her at arms length from my child as I am worried that she will do the same to my child. My Mother can't help but be toxic and manipulative. It's in her DNA. And no use talking to my mum about her behaviour as she is in complete denial to her behaviour, and will play the victim card, where I will come across as the big bully.
I struggle with finding the right balance of how much exposure my child should have to her grandma. As I am currently letting her spend two days a month at my parents and my mother wants to spend much more time. Any advice for me?
- 2016-07-09How do you clean your toys? We are running a toy library and wish to seek a safer/better cleaning method for our toys. Below is what we have been doing currently:
1) Add a little dish soap (or other mild detergent) to lukewarm water.
2) Cleaning product should be free of bleach and water temperature should be lower than 40 Degree Celsius.
3) Wet your cloth with the mild soapy water and wipe through them.
4) Dry them with a clean cloth.