Any parent speak language other than english as main language to Lo.. How you manage to make Lo understand english while in school? t.i.a

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi I am speaking from my own experience. My parents speak to me in mandarin when I was young. They know English but not so good enough to communicate in it confidently. My mom will always borrow English books for me and try to teach me simple English grammar on her own and I also pick up from the tv programs. I went on to score pretty well in English language . Maybe initially when I started pre school there may have been a period of me not knowing what the teacher is talking about but English is a very easy to pick up language and it is so widely used everywhere that kids will pick it up easily. I won't worry so much about they picking up English .

Read more

Hey, Kids are very smart and their brain is developing very fast. They can learn as many languages and it is a barrier n our minds because we find it difficult for ourselves to pick languages. So, what happens with us, we take it for granted that kids will also go through the same, which is not true. I suggest, do not throw your prejudice on the kid. For him, you can get him English books, amen him see cartoons on television in English language. On youtube as well, make him see whatever he sees in English. He will soon pick up the language.

Read more

Parent Speak is an invented language that some parents try to use with their children. It is sometimes more prevalent in communities where many first languages as https://www.toppaperwritingservice.com/review-essaypro-com/ said are different from the first language of the parents, e.g., Alsatian Germans speaking German to French-speaking children.

Read more

My young man speaks English and Mandarin to my hubby and myself. He speaks Cantonese to his grandparents. He has been told from young that language is a powerful tool to make him outstanding in the crowd in the future. The key point here is don't mix the languages and practise to speak in good sentences and a proper way.

Read more

You are not addicted to technology, you are addicted to the internet. The Internet is just a tool, like a knife or a car. The https://www.econotimes.com/Best-Essay-Writing-Service-Review-By-Industry-Experts-1623445 can use it to help yourself, or you can use it to hurt yourself. It's the same with technology.

Read more

If you are asking about learning English in school, then my answer would be that yes, it can help if they are good at Math because there are less words in Math problems than Spanish.

For us, we make her watch english TV shows, and read in our native language too! :) This is a super helpful link: http://sg.theasianparent.com/tips-tricks-raising-bilingual-children/

VIP Member

For me I will speak two languages to make sure he understands what it means... eg English follow by Mandarin my mom would try to use dialect as well

VIP Member

Kids are great learners .. they would grasp the new language easily once at school