Confinement - with no aircon at home

Mummies, how do you survive confinement when you have no aircon at home? Do you still abide by wearing long sleeves, long pants & not having any fan blowing? I think in this weather, I’ll get crazy cranky all the time for being so hot! Thoughts?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Wearing Long sleeves and Long pants are old ways and not practical in this weather. The important thing is to feel comfortable and relaxed. As for the fan, you can have it blow against the wall at high speed so the air blows back to you or have fan blow directly at low speed.

Super Mum

I do turn on the ceiling fan during confinement and I don't wear long sleeve and long pants.. I think making yourself comfortable is the most important. Of course you must know your body well too. If you can take it then don't be too hard on yourself..

VIP Member

Hmm I still turned on the fan (didn't blow directly) and the aircon when it is too hot. I feel that it is more impt to keep yourself properly ventilated especially if you are planning to breastfeed. If not, you will be all sweaty and smelly.

Oh yes pls dont wear everything long sleeve. No fan right on you. If blowing elsewhere is ok. I wore short sleeve pajamas and knee length pants. I got BAD heat rash the 1st week of confinement until i gave in and have to eat clarityn

VIP Member

Hi... I did abide to confinement ‘rules’ by wearing long pants and long sleeves. However, I did have the fan circulating for ventilation, not blowing directly at me. You’re advice not to have fan blowing directly at you.

Just do not have wind blowing at you directly. Wear what makes you comfortable. Its not good for you to sweat also. And you need to keep yourself clean at all times cause you’ll need to handle your newborn.

I also do confinement without aircon at home. Unless it's very hot i will on the fan n blow direct to me. But i will cover blanket at my leg area abit. I didnt wear long sleeve just wear as per normal.

5y ago

Cool! Happy to know I’m not the only one. Hahaha.

I totally feel the pain! That's the reason why I chop my hair off! I did my confinement without aircon, but if the weather is really bad I will on the fan and not to face the fan directly on me.

actually by right confinement cannot on air-conditioning too...I on the fan and let it blow directly. and I did my confinement in this kind of weather so I totally understand the pain

actually by right confinement cannot on air-conditioning too...I on the fan and let it blow directly. and I did my confinement in this kind of weather so I totally understand the pain