Husband thinks I'm unattractive

I'm in my 30 weeks now, and we haven't have sex for more than a month alr. Our sex life was as normal as once per week or two weeks even when i am in my second trimester. I thought it would be me who have a decrease in sexual desire but it seem like he is the one. I kept questioning why is he behaving weirdly. My insecurities instinct made me asked if it was my ugly breasts and tummy... After a few times of questioning, he answered yes. I have really low self esteem and really felt insecure about the changes in my body, and he made me felt like I am disgusting and ugly. What can I do.... Is it normal for a men to think that their pregnant wife is unattractive?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same with Gwen, my husband didnā€™t touch me since we found out I got pregnant until even after birth. And similar to you, I always question is it because I donā€™t look attractive anymore. Donā€™t worry mummy, our body is nurturing a little baby and guys will never understand the changes we go through growing a child in us. I have insecurities too, esp now my breasts looks different with breastfeeding and tummy has stretch marks surrounding my lower abdomen and navel. But when I see my LO growing well. I feel itā€™s all worth it. Iā€™m still wondering when weā€™ll get back to being intimate. HAHAA. But until then, I guess Iā€™m still not ready to deal with leaky breasts during intimacy.. :)

Read more

Most guy/father won't touch their Gf/Wife for fear that it might hurt their unborn child in the womb/wife during the process. My spouse totally respect me. We are having a high risk pregnancy thus my spouse always remind me that sex is not Important. What Important is the safety of his child and wife. Sex can be put on hold but safety cannot. I think it is all in the mindset and upbringing of individual. How the guy/father think is all in his mindsetšŸ™

Read more

I understand what you are going thru, im at my 30weeks too now which i felt the same. I guessed the reason the questioning even takes place, because we ourselves feel and see the differences in our body change. Dont worry, all pregnant women goes thru the same changes. All we can do is to do our part after birth recovery to exercise and healthy balanced diet, to get back to sexy S shape. Work towards a goal and enjoy the journey

Read more
TapFluencer

Your Husband is being an insensitive and hurtful man. Instead of celebrating the beauty of pregnancy, he turns his face the other way. Let him be. As for you, you need to love yourself first and foremost of all. Never go into self hate or Low self esteem. Body will change definitely during pregnancy but you can reclaim it afford giving birth. This is a process. Hang in there and enjoy the beauty of having a baby

Read more
VIP Member

First child ? Itā€™s normal for the guys to think/feel this way sometimes ... but dont stress urself too much too ! Ur body is changing everyday and sometimes all ur moods changes are due to homos too ~ im sure ur hubs dont really meant wad he say . šŸ˜‰ my hubs didnt touch me since day 1 i got preg till after give birth too ...

Read more

There isnt ugly woman these days with technology.it's only a matter if u wanna spend a litttle $ om yrself.... if needed, y dont u splurge for a bit and go to those slimming centers to make urself pretty again? Even if it's not for him.. it can be for urself. U deserved to be beautiful and have ur confidence restored.

Read more

I think try not to look too much into it? I think the last time my husband touched me was when we conceived the third baby haha. Sometimes it's due to other factors such as stress, concerns about hurting u etc that he dont touch u. Cheer up :)

VIP Member

Cheer up Mummy. I think he might be afraid to hurt your baby too. Itā€™s common for the men to think this way. Would be better if your talk things out over a nice dinner or so.

He shouldnā€™t be saying those words. Dont get overwhelmed on sexually. My first trimester, we didnt have sex as my hubby scare he will hurt me. Maybe try talking to him?

Read more
VIP Member

Whhhuutttt?! He shouldnt be saying such things, that's kinda hurtful! Oh well, hopefully he sees how much you are going through and say/do something nice(: Hugs!!