Would you rather go for a short getaway to neighboring countries (with a toddler along) over the weekend or go for a romantic dinner night out for 2 to celebrate your wedding anniversary? I am a ftwm so weekends are very precious to me

Post image
28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How about a combination (sort of) of both? Do a 2D1N staycation with toddler (since she is part of your marriage now.. hee.. and she looks so adorable!!). After checking out on day 2, bring her to parents' place or someone who can help look after her for the evening, and proceed to have a romantic dinner. hee.. Just a suggestion for your consideration.. not sure if the plan would be too troublesome for your execution. Regardless, hope you will have a great anniversary celebration!

Read more

It depends a lot on whether you would like to bring your kid along. Personally I don't mind my kid sticking with me throughout the trip. When we plan itinerary, we always make sure we have a spread of breakfast (buffet) as it is difficult to predict what my toddler wants to eat. Than we will plan a place suitable for our toddler to have some fun and tire her out. Take a car ride and give some milk and she usually dozes off. Than we will have our "me time". Hope it helps

Read more

I booked a weekend getaway for my wedding anniversary. Time for some alone and quality time. I think after having kids couple time is v v v precious and important to keep us going on. Its like a symbol of our love and remembrance of how we were before having kids. And sorry i wont be guilty for my lo for leaving him to have quality couple time. Because if mummy and daddy are not close or loving like before, by then we would all be much more sorry.

Read more

Everywhere we went we had our LO with us . We went Japan the last round ,I don't enjoy and I got too tired throughout with my kids . The next time if we got time for a short trip, I'm going to leave my kids with my parents. My husband had been complaining about me neglecting him .. Lol Since its your anniversary , suggest u to leave LO with parents and enjoy your day

Read more

Wow, tough choice :p To me, since it's your wedding anniversary, you should have a romantic + quiet time with hubby. Unless it's your birthday or his, then you may want to go for a short getaway with your todd. But if you think you'll miss your todd, then you should just go for the getaway and enjoy the precious time together! :D

Read more
VIP Member

I would get someone to look after my little one for the weekend and celebrate the occasion. My logic is simple. There are 52 weekends in a year, surely me and hubby deserve at least one weekend to ourselves. This is not neglecting the little one, but giving the priority to the one who made it possible.

Read more
8y ago

I love your answer!!!

for me . I will choose a romantic date with hubby . as since is ur anniversary . have a short lovely time with ur spouse will be better. as i believe after being a parent all our heart / time will all go to the kids. so now is time to bring back sweet sweet memories moment back with ur hubby.

Nearby with the kids if you think you'll miss them. Make precious memories with them and see them interact in a new setting :) but if you and your hubby need a break to reconnect and have down time to yourselves, the latter works as well. So depends on what you need at the moment!

If choose for a short getaway with my toddler as I'm the sole caregiver and I wouldn't want to leave my toddler with others too! I enjoy every moment with my baby although I believe couple time is important .. You can still enjoy some couple time once your little one is asleep!

Both are good. But keep the toddler home. I think couples do need time to rejuvenate. Your child is also learning to be wo you. That's not a bad thing. Go for a weekend getaway and have Romantic dinner there without the toddler. Hope you can find a baby sitter!

Read more