Week 37 to Week 40- is it normal to just stay home and rarely go out at all?

Hi mummies! I am a FTM and I would like to ask if its normal to want to just stay home and wait for birth from week 37 onwards (for fear of having contractions/water bag breaks halfway outside). I have a family friend who insisted on visiting me/my family at week 39 and wants to go out for dinner etc. I've refused them over and over again because 1.) I do not want to get covid just before delivery and 2.) I can be due any point in time. Also based on my family history my mum/grandma has a very very short labouring time. I do not want to sound like I am over reacting or rude but this family friend is also very pushy. #firsttimemom #advicepls #firstbaby #firsttime_mommy

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think your concerns are legit although it varies for different individuals. I have v short labouring time - first was 4h and second was 1h. So I prefer to stay home during my last few weeks of pregnancy for my third pregnancy. And I agree that I wouldn’t want to get covid nearing my delivery if possible. Maybe you could let your family friend know that you might not be able to meet then since you are already v heavily pregnant. :)

Read more