pumping at work

hi mummies, pls share on how u pump at work : - how many x hourly? - store milk in bottles or milk bags? - if milk bags, must still wash and sterilise bottles? (using medela) - must wash and sterilise pump parts each time? - do you have electric sockets in your office pump room? very hard to find that in malls and even polyclinic! thank you.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I used to pump twice at work, after 6 months reduced to once because too much hassle. Latch baby right before work, pump once at 2-3pm and go home feed baby again. If you pump more than once then need to wash and dry but no need to sterilise, can sterilise at home. Any part that touches the milk need to wash. My workplace has socket in nursing room but the pump I use can be used 4-5 times before having to charge.

Read more
3y ago

Yes usually can clear because I nurse at night also. But if not I'd just pump once before work

I use Medela Swing Maxi that can use AAA batteries if I can’t find sockets. The batteries can last 3 x 30min sessions. I pumped twice at work, lunch while pumping. I would pump into bottles and put them all in ziplock and lockNlock inside office fridge.

VIP Member

Pump 3 times (3hourly) Stored in milk bags I don’t wash them. I put in a ziplock and freeze them in the fridge, only sterilize them when I’m back home I pump at the table itself as mine is hands free pump. Can just slot it into the bra

Read more
4y ago

Imani pump

VIP Member

I wash every morning at work and sterilise with boiling water. Brought bottle washing solution to work. And container to store the accessories. Then after morning pump, will leave in fridge.

TapFluencer

2times: 1130am & 330pm Storage: milk bottle Keep pump into fridge, wash it after work When I 1st return to work, i wash and sterilise every pump, but always run out of time for lunch.

Read more
VIP Member

I stored in milk bottles so my baby can take it to school the next day. Except for Friday, then I will store in milk bags so can freeze since weekends she can latch directly.

VIP Member

Lactation room typically has electric sockets. If not, then maybe you can invest in those chargeable pumps like s9+ or s1+. I do bring along a manual pump as backup too.

Use to be every 3hours but too much hassle. Now only pump 1 time at 12pm. Milk put in storage bag. Milk pump put in fridge and bring home

VIP Member

Twice at work. About 10 to 11 am and 3 to 4 pm. Still need to eat lunch.

Super Mum

Once during lunch and then store in bottles.