Working mums

How often do you pump at work and how do you store milk and pump parts (can't sterilise at work..)Thanks!

107 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

samin hirap na hirap ako magpump since isa akong teller and ung lunch hindi consistent iba iba ng time everyday,may time na 30mins palang open ung branch maglalunch k na.,so di pa narereplenish ung milk ko kasi bago pumasok kakapa bf ko plng kay bebe plus sobrang walang space sa pantry namin,sa ngaun uwian n ko nakakapagpump pag wala na tao sa pantry,ramdam ko mula ng pumasok ako humina ang gatas ko.,madalas pag off ko diet pa c bebe dahil ang hina n ng gatas ko kahit lagi sia nagsasuck sakin

Read more

3 times, 10 am, 1pm, 4pm. U should pump at least max every 3 hours to mimick baby demands and of course to make sure the supply of milk is still running. Store milk in fridge, bring ice pack and store ur milk in cooler bag w ice pack when u went home. Pump parts can be store in fridge, w out need to wash or sterile. After end of working hours, then u should wash at home.

Read more
11mo ago

Yes me too! I start work at 8am and pump before noon. Store everything in the fridge and continue to pump ard 330pm onwards and leave work at 5pm. Only wash everything when I’m home.

VIP Member

3x ngpupump s office every 3 hrs. Bumili ako ng handsfree cups, mas affordable s wearable and pwedng gamiting kahit wala sa lactation area. For storage: breastmilk bags nilalagay ko s ref with my ice packs pra s pgtravel pauwi. Pump cleaning: (1)After mgpump nilalagay ko s ziplock bag or tupperware yung pump parts then ilalagay s ref, pag uwi tyka lilinisan ng maayos or pg hindi msyadong busy (2)hinuhugasan at ibbad s mainit n tubig

Read more

4 times when my baby less than 5 months. Now my baby about 6 months already, I pump 3 times. Store milk in refrigerator provided by company. Otherwise, you can put inside your thermal bag with ice packs (3-4) or ice block (1-2). Pump you may put inside refrigerator also or wash everytime you used and soak with warm water. ☺️

Read more
VIP Member

I pump 3times (10am-1pm-3pm) and I store my milk in the freezer in our pantry inside a ziplock bag. When going home, I bring everything including my pump parts and milk in my 59s mommy bag which also has the ability to sterilize the pump parts. My milk is stored in the bottom compartment (it’s insulated, too!)

Read more
Post reply image

since my work involves travelling and driving a lot, i invested on a handsfree breastfeeding bra, insulated pump bag which i bought sa shoppee (packed with ice), nursing cover so.i can just pump while driving. yun nga lng.medyo tiring and stressful si work so.minsan 5-6oz lng yung mapump ko. 😔

My goal is to pump at least 4x while working. We have our own fridge at work and our lactation unit has their own sterilizer. Actually I am lucky that they have the complete equipment and items needed for pumping milk.

VIP Member

I pump twice at work - 11:30 am and 5:30 pm. I have 2 sets of pump parts - one for each session. I pour the milk into standard Avent bottles with cap and store them in the fridge. When it’s time to go home, I put the milk containers between ice blocks.

Pump 2-3 times at work in 3-4 hours interval. Store pump parts in wet dry bag and leave it pantry’s fridge. I bring along my Ceres chiller along every day to store breastmilk, it kept chilled till I reached home. Good investment with the chiller.

Twice but if working hours drag will squeeze another time to pump. Work place have freezer to store and I use packit to bring back the milk home. I pump straight to the breastmilk bag so no need to worry about washing the bottles.