I'm going back to work soon . Can the mummies share how you wash the pump parts in the office and how to transport the milk back home fresh ? What kind of cooler bags do you use ?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bring in my own pureen bottle cleanser and use warm to mildly hot tap water to wash the parts. I usually wash it in the pantry than the washroom. Vcoool is a very good and budget cooler bag. Qoo10 is selling. I got my first at $13 or something like tt. The milk is still as cold when I reached home. And it came along with ice pack tt you jus fill up with water and the hard substance inside will turned into gel and place in freezer it will become harden ice. My ice was still hard when I reached home using vcoool cooler bag. When it worn out I went to buy a well known brand that was canvas kind and the ice melted quickly. And it was $59 for that - but coz I've voucher to use up.

Read more

I have pigeon washing detergent and a brush in office so I will wash after every pump, before my next pump I will sterilize with hot water. The EBM will be kept in my jujube fuel cell in which I have a medela ice block and autumnz ice pack which I will place in office freezer once I reach office until my 1st pump. EBM will be in my cooler bag on my desk the whole day as my office fridge stinks. When I reach home in the evening and sometimes at night, 9 plus my EBM still cool and Ice pack still not melt.

Read more

I keep my pump parts in lock n lock container after each use and put in the fridge. I only wash and sterilise the parts when I reach home. But i bring 6 empty bottles to work as i usually go for 3 pumping sessions and double sides each time. The expressed milk are kept in the refrigerator and I put in freezer after I reached home. I'm using Pigeon fridge to go cooler bag.

Read more

I just put the pump parts and bottles in the fridge for subsequent pumping sessions in the office. I use vcoool bag which I bought from taobao, abt $30 including shipping. It can store my pump as well and its insulation is thick and good! I put 2 ice sticks (which came together with my taobao purchase) to keep milk cool.

Read more

I either wash the pump parts using the bottle cleanser in the nursing room & sterlise in hot water thereafter OR i re-use the parts for 2nd pump by keeping the parts in the fridge. Autumnz cooler bag and autumnz reusable ice packs are good for transporting milk back home.

What I usually do is keep the pump parts in the fridge after use. For second pump, I'll just reuse the same pump parts. Except bottles because my milk are for next day use so I'll bring 4-5 bottles to work per day. I'm using Medela (square) cooler bag to transport my milk.