Pumping at work

Hello Working mummies, How often do you pump while at work? If you pump more than once, do you bring extra flanges and bottles? Or do you wash them and use it for round 2? What do you wash it with and how do you sterilize the bottles & pump flanges? Reason I asked if because am heading back to work soon. And not sure how flexible can it be, to be away pumping several times in a day. Appreciate your advices. TIA.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depending on schedule, twice a day in office. I had a medium Tupperware to keep my parts so after first pump, I'll leave it in the fridge, and take it out to use again (we have a nursing room with a fridge exclusively for breast milk). If it's a fridge shared with everyone, I wouldn't do that. Will wash and sterilise with hot water

Read more
VIP Member

I usually pumped just before work at home, once at work and again when i reached home. Unless i had blocked ducts then I was end up pumping 2x or more. Depends on your milk supply. I was a low supply mum so it wasn't uncomfortable. You may want to check with your company HR to see if they have any policies on that.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi, I have been pumping my milk for a year plus at my office. I pumping every 3hours and I store it inside the breastmilk storage bag then out inside the freezer. (Lucky me, my office has fridge). After work, I will put my milks inside my super cold cooling bad and bring home to continue to freeze it.

Read more
5y ago

Yes. That's right!

I pumped in the morning, lunch once and about 4pm once.. after pumping, I stored in milk bag and put in a cooler bag and into the fridge.. I dun care wat others think abt my milk in the shared fridge.. my milk freshness is more impt! I didn't bring extra bottles though.. just wash it clean with cleanser

Read more
5y ago

Just a small bottle of bottle cleanser.. like wat we pack for travel.. cuz u know our milk is filled with fats.. haha

Ourlittlelamb offer direct pumpin milk bag connector w Ebelbo milkbag bundles. this totally change concept for wife n friends. cause no need to bring extra bottles and expressed milk directly in milkbag, not only efficient but also lesser things to wash n bring, milk freeze faster too!

Super Mum

I pump before going to work in the morning 9am, and usually just pump once at work after lunch (1-2pm ish). Then when I reach home at 6-7pm I pump or feed baby. I do have an extra set of milk collection cup so some days I have to stay until late I will pump twice.

5y ago

I store in the fridge, there's no freezer

I bring along a brush and wash them at work. I usually keep that and some travel kit sized Kodomo bottle washing liquid in a Ziplock in my bag. I sterilise the parts once a day at home. Overall, it was a smooth journey. My colleagues are wonderful people :)

VIP Member

When I went back to work, I pumped twice in the office and once in the car. I bought a big a Lock n lock container to put all my pump parts and placed them in the fridge when I'm not using as I have no time to wash at all. Hope this helps!

5y ago

When you had to do your second pump at office. Do you reuse the pump parts that you stored in the lock n lock container in d fridge without rinsing/washing? Its ok? I believe you bring two flanges and two bottles?

TapFluencer

I pump once cause I need to walk to opposite mall for nursing room After each ump I will wash & sterilise to standby for next pump whenever is needed I bought a portable sterilizer for office

I pump 2 times at work and store pumping parts in the fridge in between pumps. Our fridge is shared with everyone so I use a zip bag inside and a waterproof bag outside.