I'm feeling awful. I'm such a lousy mother. I snap at my son all the time even though i love him to bits! I lose my temper with both my kids. I wished i had more patience. My mental condition is NOT me. How can i ever explain that to anyone? My best is not enough.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I guess it is common for Mommy to feel that way. I just snap at my daughter yesterday after the n-times she poop on her pants. I know it is not her fault but after so many days of not enough sleep, falling sick myself with no helpers at all. It is hard. However, I am lucky as my husband is a very loving family man who is very involved with the kids. I will just take a breathers by meeting my friends for quick tea over lunch time when my kids are at school or do some artwork that I find it helping to relax my mind. However, do remember you are never a bad Mommy just for losing patience at your kids. You are just a "human" who are a good Mommy that want to provide your child the best but forgetting about your own need. Hugs!!

Read more

Hey! I juz read an article saying tat, "dun expect things to go smoothly like wad u wanted cos babies and children do not have e same understanding like adults." They cant control themselves. (Tatz when we need to teach them e right behaviour). In e article, they said tat if u think of it in tiz way, u will less likely flare up at ur child. Eg.: U r feeding ur child. Instead of thinking tat he will eat nicely and dun mess up (ur expectations) , think: he is juz a kid. He will get dirty and messy. So when things really get bad, u wont feel angry at all. In simple terms, get rid of ur expectations towards ur child. :) I tried and it really works. If oni i can share e article here.. I cant find it anymore...!

Read more
7y ago

👍🏻

VIP Member

You're not alone. We have our moments when we can't contain our frustration. I admit I've yelled at my own kid (and she's only 4 years old!), but I always say sorry afterward. But come to think of it... that sounds much like what abusive spouses tell their battered partner - they say sorry after the deed, but forgets their promise not to do it again the next time they get angry. Crap, now I feel horrible... And I'm not helping you at all with this! But I think it's good that you know you lose your temper. I think that's a good sign that you sincerely want to be better. And that's always the first step to improvement. Hugs, mama!

Read more

I do snap at my hubby and Son sometimes when I'm too tired. Then I leave the room to just have a time out for myself and feel much better.... do remind yourself you are modelling for your Son and if you always lose your temper, he might follow your pattern of behaviour. Use methods like time out for yourself or seek expert help.

Read more

i also.. i snap at my son cause he keep saying that he want to go neighbour house to play but how to let him, already after 10pm.. hence i snap and broke my TV LCD screen.. it doesnt help at all when i also just divorced with exhub.. having to raise 2 kids myself now..

7y ago

Haiz i know how that feels. I have a history as well. Same to you jiayo okay!

VIP Member

Ling, i seriously know how you feel. many times i tell myself to seek help. But my husband just brush me off as having anxiety. I look for others to talk to. i seek assurance and company by other like minded mummies. You can always talk to me!

Read more
7y ago

Hey if you ever need support tell me. I totally know how you feel. Beep me up anytime. Sometimes we just need aanother mom to hear us rant

I guess i am not alone in this too... I personally feel that i need to seek help. But my spouse just brush me off as being overly anxious or reacted too strong to a certain issue

try to ask your husband to take care for kid awhile when you are tired or hot temper, try to get out and do something relax, think how poor the kids when get beat by us.

Thanks.. Me too... Trying to set good example of guiding a stubborn and active toddler.

THANKS moms, i successfully passed my first day test by controlling my temper and giving my kids my 101%