I'm feeling like a lousy mother! my toddler was misbehaving yesterday, and ive been shouting at her, hitting her and pulling her. now I feel sooo awful about it. I've tried speaking to her nicely and explaining things, but she flashes me a knowing cheeky smile and doesn't want to take heed. How can I deal with her behaviour the next time it happens again? I don't wish to lose my cool again and be that horrible mum...... :(

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Kids can be over smart to get something they want to the point of being frustrating so they need to be reprimanded for bad behaviour. If you are going through other difficulties try to talk to your close ones about them and discuss your child's behaviour. Relaxing and taking a day off for yourself would really help too! And always remember, you are a great mum as long as you are trying to do better!

Read more

Patience my friend. As adults we don't pay heed to many of our well wishers, right? I know it can get very frustrating but all I can say be patient and most of the times the forgiving nature and patience help kids to listen to us than minor violence. Good luck!

Ok firstly, you are not a lousy mother. Kids are challenging and we all need an extra dose of patience not to lose our cool in a situation like that. Next time just make sure you are in control of the situation and... breathe! :)

May I know how old is your kid? I think we all have to learn that kids will always be kids and we cannot set expectations that they will take instructions or listen to us like an adult..

VIP Member

i feel most of the time when moms loose it, its more to do with their frame of mind than the kids behaviour, take a break..may be ur exhausted , tired or frustrated..

thanks