Which food are recommended for early pregnancy

Hi All, i am 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant and it is my first baby. So I am really confused to choose the food to eat and rare to cook at home. Can you recommend any good food available in food court or market, please? Thanks.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I just eat whatever I feel like eating. I’m 10 weeks now. Initially I also thought I should eat healthy food like steam salmon fish, steam broccoli etc. When I was in week 5-6 and morning sickness kicked in, I really had no energy to do anything so I just eat outside food after work, whatever I can take & pray hard that I won’t vomit out the food after eating. I just avoid raw meat, salad, half boiled eggs, and anything unpasteurized. Now I crave for sweet & sour food so I eat a lot of sour fruits/ fruit juice.

Read more
Super Mum

Most food court food are so unhealthy but I understand sometimes we don't have a choice. I try to go for Yong tau fu as the least unhealthy option, if not anything that has some veg and meat and not too much carb. Veg and meat should be fully cooked of course

VIP Member

Drink milk (build up calcium for ur fetus) and have food containing folic acid such as spinach and iron rich food like meat, pork etc. Just avoid raw food, undercooked food and tea/coffee/coke which contains caffeine.

VIP Member

If possible do try and avoid eating at food courts as most food outside are laden with msg. Better to cook at home even though it's a one dish meal. If really no choice then I think koufu has good choices(:

VIP Member

you can eat anything you want in moderation but avoid raw food like sashimi. have a balanced diet of protein, carbs, fruits and vegetables. you should be taking supplements prescribed by your gynae too.

5y ago

i was taking blackmores pregnancy supplements amd fish oil during the entire pregnancy, you might wanna check with you gynae. i didnt buy from my doc, bought it at pharmacies and its very good. i had not much problems prepping my body for breastfeeding too.

VIP Member

Outside food in moderation. Please avoid raw food like vegetables and meat. Possible cook at home will be much better.

VIP Member

Outside food in moderation. Please avoid raw food like vegetables and meat. Possible cook at home will be much better.

Tofu or Soy products, broccoli, milk, eggs, some types of fish (avoid those with higher Mercury levels), grains.

Avoid raw food. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Fish in moderation.

Clean and fresh vegetables, Fish and milk.