Food options available

am currently 6 weeks pregnant. Understand that there are certain kinds of food that I need to avoid. What are some lunch and dinner options that I can eat if I regularly eat out? I am quite sian of the limited food options. First time mum here.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Why are there limited food options? You can literally eat everything in a hawker centre, save for raw/half cooked ones! Everything in moderation is key, don’t just whack oily foods, or spicy foods etc. In fact, you COULD eat sashimi if you want, but ONLY in restaurants that prepare them fresh. Sushi express is a no no. This coming from a gynae ya. The only limitation comes when one is diagnosed with GDM, that’s when u have to be very aware of what you eat , and then you will realise how Asian food is very, very, very unfriendly to diabetics. Speaking from own experience 😂

Read more

Actually being a pregnant lady itself is hard enough because some women suffer from morning sickness as well. So being able to keep any food down without vomiting it out is good enough… so just eat what you feel like and can keep down. For some, fast food is all they can keep down so that’s all that they ate. For me, it was just fries all day and everyday. You can get your nutrition from prenatal supplements. So just eat what you can and feel like (except alcohol of course)

Read more

You can pretty much eat everything, just avoid the general stuffs like alcohol, raw/half cooked food. Everything else in moderation. I personally just ate anything I want (I don’t take alcohol/raw prepreg).

The Asianparent app has a Food and Nutrition checker (see attached pic) It was quite helpful for my first trimester to see what I can eat or not. If cannot eat, it will explain why as well. Hope this helps!

Post reply image

Stay with your mum and ask her to cook for you, instead of eating out Was grateful I stayed with mum instead of in laws as I subsequently discovered most of the food stuffs (sauces) were expired.

TapFluencer

i ate as usual... practise moderation for foods that shd b avoided

eat as per usual. just no alcohol n raw food