Husband controls what I eat

My husband eats very healthy & simple, no fried & spicy food, sometimes even tasteless. I prefer food with more taste. I am 17weeks pregnant, at times I crave for junk food like McDonald's , potato chips, spicy food etc. Husband will nag & stop me from eating. I understand the need of being healthy for the sake of baby but its my craving and I don't eat it everyday. How can I make my husband not to control me? I tried talking to him nicely but it didn't work.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe u eat it when he is not around. Clear the evidence before he come back. Haha. But of course everything in moderation. U can compromise say maybe once a week or once a while. Since after pregnancy u have to go confinement, so its okay to crave in to food that is not as healthy as he expect.

Honestly when I have no appetite till not eating, jus puking they will just pray u eat something or rather, anything 😂 Everything is about moderation. Since u are week 17, shld be visiting gynae soon. Let the expert do the talking for u to talk to ur hubby. Good luck

I hope my hub can be more controlling tpwards my diet.. but your hub is abit too extreme , it might take time for you to speak to him and make him accept, why not when he is not around, you can go satisfy your cravings

5y ago

Mm... i guess for men.. they are sometimes just very logical thinking instead of thinking in our shoes. Probably you wanna try, agree with him first. That he is right to be strict with healthy diets. Tell him u r putting yourself in his shoes, whivh you understand he meant well. Then ask him to put himself in your shoes, becos when craving hits, you just need it. And its just onde awhile, hope he understand and can do exception. All the best :)

Did he acc u meeting ur gynae? From the first day my gynae already tell us that we can eat everything but in moderation. Like mcd once or twice a week no prob. My hubby sometimes will buy pizza for me as supper too

5y ago

Actually thk it another way. He is concern u and baby. Is a good husband 😍

VIP Member

Just eat when he is not around. As per what your gynae shared, eat in moderation is fine! My husband gives in to my cravings but will make sure I only have it once a while and in moderate portion.

Hmmm maybe it could be your first pregnancy that's why he control your diet. I will eat what I craving because I will say ' is your child want to eat not me 😅' eat abit will do. :)

Super Mum

I feel that guys actually listen to their friends more. So if u can, get his bff to tell him instead of u. Better if his bff is married with kids.

5y ago

Thanks. I am not close with his guy friends as we seldom hang out together. But I get where u r coming from. Husband is naggy also because he was brought up that way. My MIL used to nag at me when she sees me eat soya sauce n those u healthy stuff too. He listens to mum more... Lol

Super Mum

Just tell him u got no appetite for any other food.. it's either these or no food.. den baby will get hungry..

My husbands control my intake as well... so i eat during the period when I’m not ard with him

Super Mum

Will tend to give in to my wife’s cravings. So long as it’s not something weird.