spicy food

Hi, been looking for reassurance/advice. ever since i'm pregnant(currently 19+weeks) i've been craving spicy food and 9/10 times i can only stomach spicy food. if it's not spicy, i wont be able to eat much. So far i havent felt any side effects (heartburn, etc) just wondering if anyone has experience the same thing and if it affects baby if i continue to eat like this? :/ really cannot give up spicy food 😭 #firsttimemom

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s fine! More importantly is to ensure that you do eat, and have more or less a balanced diet, along with the spice 💪🏻 I’ve got a friend who chomp on chili padis along with her meals everyday, it was crazy. Her baby is healthy! In fact after she delivered, and with the 1 month of confinement food, she suddenly couldn’t stomach spicy foods , took her awhile to get back her spice tolerance

Read more

I had spicy food thru out (mala specifically), like 3-5 times per week (damn the cravings🙃). Only side effects is the regrets when pooping (burnnnnnn) 😂. Anyways my baby came out fine and full term (the only spicy thing about baby is her attitude, she’s 2.6yo now!).

1mo ago

Just remember to go easy after birth will do! Spicy food will clog your milk more easily, for now, enjoy! ☺️

It’s fine! I was craving for spicy food when I was pregnant too. I even ate the Korean spicy noodles a few times because cravings 🙃 just eat in moderation! I just delivered a few weeks ago and my baby comes out healthy 😊

it's fine! I have always loved spicy food.. I find it hard to eat if the food is not spicy, I always have chili padi in my food 😋 baby turns out fine!

Had cravings for mala and spicy food during my pregnancy. Baby came out healthy and such a foodie up till now! 9 months old in 3 days

Thank you everyone for the reassurance, truly appreciate it and hope y'all know how much it means to me🥰

I just eat normally, even ate mala

TapFluencer

love spicy