Crave for spicy food like Thai and mala

Hi, I'm in my first trimester but craving for spicy food like Thai food and mala. I read one of the don'ts to eat during preg in 1st trim is spicy food. But can I still eat it as I'm really craving for it 😖

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have the same question! I always ordered the spiciest level for Mala Xiangguo, and add chili padi to everything possible. Out of fear, I haven't done so since finding out I'm pregnant. So glad to hear there are mummies who did eat spicy food during pregnancy and go on to give birth to healthy babies!!

Read more

I definitely craved for spicy food during my pregnancy! It should be fine. I ate a lot of spicy food during my pregnancy, from Tom yam to Kimchi stew and mala.. Enjoy it before reflux hits later in pregnancy!

I ate spicy food when 1st trim. My baby was born healthy. Just eat what you want, as long as its not raw or half cooked. Dont eat to much, because everything much its not good.

I ate that very often even for my previous pregnancy. That kind of craving is really very strong that I am gonna throw tantrums if somebody is gonna stop me from eating.

Thats like my comfort food throughout my entire pregnancy~ Not too spicy and not every meal lahhh~ baby healthy also and turns out she can take light spicy food~ haha

Super Mum

I don't think there's any official guideline that suggests avoiding spicy food. Don't worry about it and treat yourself! :)

Oh really? I didn’t hear that! I eat lots of spicy food during my pregnancy. Can’t live without it!

I ate a lot of spicy food for the 1st trim, baby is fine don’t worry about it!

You can eat but maybe not too spicy in case diarrhea or reflux.

I ate both thai food and mala in first tri!