Only Able To Eat Western Food

Tried eating healthy but have been vomiting everything out. The only food that i can go without vomiting is western food, mainly McDonald's. Will that cause any harm to my baby as I'm not really eating healthy at all. The only healthy intake for the baby at the moment is my folic acid and other vitamins

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I am in same boat as u! I cannot stomach any form of Chinese food except lor mee (with lots of vinegar) and porridge. I dont vomit, but most food will make my nausea worst as I didnt finish those food, I will eventually have dizzy spells from low blood sugar. Hubby was worried, so whenever I have nausea and low blood sugar episode, he will buy me cheese burger (it was so so good!) and fries from Mcd. I feel the same guilt whenever I indulge myself to fast food. I spoken with my gynae, he told me not to feel guilty about it as I cannot stomach almost every food. The most important part is to get some source of food---energy to the baby (nv starve yourself!). He recommended that I eat half or my burger n fries (can share with your hubby!). Hopefully on 2nd trimester we will be able to eat more healthy food!

Read more
3y ago

Yup now i take everything in small portions. Have an awesome pregnancy. God Bless

couldn't stomach anything except for green apples for the whole first trimester. and that was my only source of food. so dont worry ok. you can carry on your western but moderation is key. maybe get unsalted fries and have more veggies in your burger for McDonald's order. and have salads in between your western. there's alot of stalls that has impossible burger, vegetarian options, maybe can try to go for that.. trick your brain into eating meat that isnt exactly meat. that way you can be less guilty for eating "unhealthily".

Read more
3y ago

Thank you

I can talk for hours about food (I'm a food freak). Usually I order food online, or when I have inspiration I order food online for cooking. Recently, I liked the section of polish food, a lot of delicious food. So I can always choose something new and have it delivered right to my doorstep quickly and cheaply.

Read more

I lost my appetite too in the first trimester. ended up eating mostly small bread n chicken chop. but I guess u can try to add in a few slices of fruits every day. n eat small meals instead of your normal big ones. tried also to add in some fibre because if not will have constipation

3y ago

Thank you

My gynae’s advice to me is to eat whatever i can. I couldnt keep any food down at all during my 1st tri. Buy it will get better in 2nd tri. Most importantly is that you are eating and dont stress yourself so much. As long as baby is growing well is good enough.

3y ago

Thank you so much

I ate healthy only in 1st trimester. After that i just started disliking all healthy stuff specially green veggies. Am having lots of smoothies, eggs & fruits along with multivitamins. And also junk food 2-3 times a week.

Try to eat grilled chicken or anything that’s grilled from western stall and have healthier sides like corn if you really can’t eat other healthier food. Cut down on mcdonalds as the salt level is super high.

3y ago

Noted thank you so much. Hopefully everyone in my shoes get better soon

Hey dear, it's advisable to eat healthy during the pregnancy but in case you are facing morning sickness, try to have lemon water in the morning and take small bites instead of eating a lot at one time.

3y ago

Noted shall try the lemon water

I ate lotsa junk food during pregnancy as well. But i’m worse than you, didn’t even take folic acid nor vitamins 🤭 Baby came out 100% healthy though! Jiayou!

3y ago

Thank you so much Joanne

You can eat western food. Grilled chicken with little or no sauce, salads, baked potato. Not those deep fried kind.

3y ago

Noted Thank you so much