Holiday with or without little one?

Would you and your spouse go for a holiday with or without your little one? LO is currently only 8mths old, not one of those “easy babies” and doesn’t like to sit in a pram. Without LO you can probably enjoy a short holiday just managing separation anxiety from LO. With LO, not sure if she can manage the flight, sleep in a new environment, holiday destination to go etc etc...conflicted! Have not had a holiday for coming to 2 years soon (during and post delivery). Help!! Please share when you went for your first holiday post delivery and how did you decide and cope?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I and hubby went for our first trip with baby when she was 4 months old. We went to Bintan since it's just 1 hour of ferry away. It was really challenging for sure, but we also had a nice relaxing time and really nice photos + memories to keep of the first family trip. Even now I feel very conflicted, I'm not sure if travelling with or without baby is better. There are pros and cons for both. But whichever decision you take I'm sure it will turn out OK and while it was challenging I'm glad my girl got to experience new sceneries and I would really miss her otherwise!

Read more

So far never leave our girl when we went for holiday.. Started her first trip when she was 4 months. Plan on flights during LO’s nap and sleeping time. Night flight is the best as it’s bedtime, by the time LO awake, the flight will be landing soon. When holiday with LO, don’t plan too many things/activities in a day, free and easy, so everyone will enjoy and won’t be rush/stress up. Currently our girl 21 months, had been on 7th flights. However whatever decision you made, enjoy the trip that you deserve! :)

Read more
Super Mum

If your parents/in-laws can look after your LO then go without your LO. You can spend some quality time and take some time off there. For my case, I will have to bring my LO with me.

8month baby do not know how to enjoy trips and will probably cause you not to enjoy your trip. If im you, i will travel without Lo, until LO is above 2

VIP Member

Me n my spouse decided to go for short getaway to Genting w/o my LO. Cos she might not be able to sit throughout the coachbus n the weather.

TapFluencer

If you can leave your lo to a trusted care giver, then it’s good to have a quick getaway with your hubby and just chill.

I went for my first holiday with my hubby abt 3 mths after i delivered, without LO. Got my in laws to help take care

Super Mum

I will go without. It’s not easy to handle the little one overseas and sometimes parents need a break too.

I went to bkk when she was 6 months It was a tough trip Advice to u is go nearby and keep the holiday short

I would go without. Best is to get a good stretch before coming back to taking care of your baby again.