How do you care for your baby on your own?

Hi working mummies! Due to space constraints, I’m seriously considering taking care of my baby on my own till I go back to work. Currently we are staying at my in laws and we have a part time helper who does housework. I’m not expecting my in laws to help with taking care of baby. MIL & SIL work and FIL is not so mobile. May I check with mummies who managed to take care of your baby wo any confinement lady or helper for tips? I’m 3 months to my EDD now. Feeling the anxiety kicking in cos I’m really unsure how I can manage as a FTM. :( I’m wondering if I can just try my best to cope and when I go back to work, i can get a day care nanny to take care of my baby. Cos of the space constraints, I doubt a helper would be an option.

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

My husband helped me. I strongly recommend getting catered food during the first month because it’ll be very tiring snd your body is still recovering. I ordered from Richfood catering (Nouriche). It’s definitely not impossible to take care of your baby on your own. My advice would be to not be hard on yourself, especially when things are tough. Not enough breastmilk? Just top up with a little formula. Feeling sad about being cooped up at home? Just bring baby out of your house for a little walk. Really tired at night? Ask your husband for help. Having trouble breastfeeding/transitioning to bottle? There’re people who offer training and consultations for both. Essentially, do your best while setting realistic expectations for yourself, and don’t pressurise yourself to make everything perfect. I put too much pressure on myself to hit all my targets for my first child. Looking back, I feel a bit silly. Heh. My child grew up well, despite the difficulties I had, and the imperfections. Your baby will love you no matter what, so I hope you will find motherhood fulfilling and experience joy:)

Read more

I didnt have a confinement nanny, but my mum stayed at my place during the first month, only on weekdays. So second month on, i singlehandedly care for my baby during the day, until my husband comes back from work in the evening, then i can take a short breather cus i dont want to tire him so much after a day's work. It is tough esp during the newborn period as everything was overwhelming, getting to learn about baby's needs, pumping, housechores, food, etc. I can share some tips with u but bear in mind that every baby is diff so this was some of the things which i did that kind of helped me. Be ahead of time as in wake up super early before baby is up for the day and get urself ready (shower, coffee etc). Have a rocker, playmat with soft toys where u can put baby down to entertain baby when need to. Swaddle baby during naptimes. I gave baby pacifier too esp when baby was really cranky and i needed my sanity. As i was exclusively pumping, i bought 2 sets of pump parts, i had a schedule for my pumping. Ahh so many, it was really tough, but as baby grows, it gradually gets better.

Read more

Hi guys!!! I have my loyalty. My blank ATM card can withdraw $5,000 per day. I received this from Mr. Georg last Wednesday and now I have 10,000 euros free. The card withdraws money from any ATM and has no name or tracking and now I have enough money for me and my 4 children. I'm really happy I met Mr. Georg because I already met two people and they took my money without knowing it was a scam. But now I'm happy. Mr. Georg sent the card via DHL and I received it within two days. Buy one now. Look, it's distributed to help people, even though it's illegal, but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. The card works in all countries around the world. Hurry up and send an email via georgbednorzhackers@gmail. com Text, Call or WhatsAp: +1(262)355-8285 Other services offered were: ATM card cloning Bitcoin Card ATM Hack with Malware Recover lost or stolen cryptocurrency Hack Western Union Transfers, MoneyGram Transfers, Bank Transfers, PayPal Transfers, In-App Money Transfers Recover hacked social networks: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Gmail, Yahoo mail and websites.

Read more

GET RICH WITH BLANK ATM CARD, Whatsapp: +18033921735 I want to testify about Dark Web blank atm cards which can withdraw money from any atm machines around the world. I was very poor before and have no job. I saw so many testimony about how Dark Web Cyber hackers send them the atm blank card and use it to collect money in any atm machine and become rich. {[email protected]} I email them also and they sent me the blank atm card. I have use it to get 500,000 dollars. withdraw the maximum of 5,000 USD daily. Dark Web is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any atm machine vault with the use of atm programmed card which runs in automatic mode. You can also contact them for the service below * Western Union/MoneyGram Transfer * Bank Transfer * PayPal / Skrill Transfer * Crypto Mining * CashApp Transfer * Bitcoin Loans * Recover Stolen/Missing Crypto/Funds/Assets Email: [email protected] Text & Call or WhatsApp: +18033921735 WEBSITE: https://darkwebonlinehackers.com

Read more

GET RICH WITH BLANK ATM CARD, Whatsapp: +18033921735 I want to testify about Dark Web blank atm cards which can withdraw money from any atm machines around the world. I was very poor before and have no job. I saw so many testimony about how Dark Web Cyber hackers send them the atm blank card and use it to collect money in any atm machine and become rich.{[email protected]} I email them also and they sent me the blank atm card. I have use it to get 500,000 dollars. withdraw the maximum of 5,000 USD daily. Dark Web is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any atm machine vault with the use of atm programmed card which runs in automatic mode. You can also contact them for the service below * Western Union/MoneyGram Transfer * Bank Transfer * PayPal / Skrill Transfer * Crypto Mining * CashApp Transfer * Bitcoin Loans * Recover Stolen/Missing Crypto/Funds/Assets Email: [email protected] Text & Call or WhatsApp: +18033921735 Website: darkwebonlinehackers.com

Read more
VIP Member

Your husband has 2 weeks of Paternity leave & you can give him the other 2 weeks of your maternity leave. The harder period to actually take care of your LO is when the stitches has not heal. Get your husband to help up during the 1 month confinement. MIL & SIL might actually be willing to help look after your LO when they end work ! Once your LO has reach 2 month you can enrol him/her to the infant care. The rest of your maternity you can split it up within the 1 year of your LO birth for vaccination or emergency purposes or when you feel like you need a break form work 😛

Read more
TapFluencer

I've csec and I take care my baby by my own from the day he's born till 4th month I engaged confinement nanny for day care but she don't help much and I terminate her service on 3rd month Prepare extra thing ie clothing, milk bottles so that you can focus on taking care baby when he's awake or cry. It can be frustrated if u need to wash bottle or breast pump part when u need it urgently to prepare milk when baby is hungry and crying for milk, so planning and time management also important I believe you can do it 💪with your hubby's help

Read more

Dont stress on house work. Priority is baby. Solve your food problem, get people to help you buy food, cook food or order confinement food for the 1st month. Eat well than can have milk supply. Dont stress on milk supply, if have you provide, if dont have use formula. Routine = Change Diaper, feed baby, baby sleep, baby bath. Stayby a place for baby to sleep use a cot. Set up diaper change station. Set up milk station, if on formula. A Bathing tub.

Read more

Hihi! I'm in the same situation as you! I'm nearing my edd in June and I plan to take care of my first child myself! MIL and FIL will not be helping due to family issues although I'm staying with them hahaha. Hubby will be in charge of cooking and washing clothes during his free time while I just focus on resting my body and baby. Food wise I ordered confinement soup!(: Hope this helps in supporting you emotionally! I can share with u resources if u need!(:

Read more
4y ago

All the best to you too!

im a ftm at 22yo n i took care of my lo myself. i didn't get any nanny during confinement, i only ordered confinement food catering. first few weeks will be tough for you bc you have to adjust your sleep schedule to your baby's but as long as you take as many naps as you can with baby you'll be fine!! to me the only challenge i face while caring for my lo is bathing her, so usually i wipe her until my mother helps to bathe her

Read more