How do you care for your baby on your own?

Hi working mummies! Due to space constraints, I’m seriously considering taking care of my baby on my own till I go back to work. Currently we are staying at my in laws and we have a part time helper who does housework. I’m not expecting my in laws to help with taking care of baby. MIL & SIL work and FIL is not so mobile. May I check with mummies who managed to take care of your baby wo any confinement lady or helper for tips? I’m 3 months to my EDD now. Feeling the anxiety kicking in cos I’m really unsure how I can manage as a FTM. :( I’m wondering if I can just try my best to cope and when I go back to work, i can get a day care nanny to take care of my baby. Cos of the space constraints, I doubt a helper would be an option.

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hihi! I'm in the same situation as you! I'm nearing my edd in June and I plan to take care of my first child myself! MIL and FIL will not be helping due to family issues although I'm staying with them hahaha. Hubby will be in charge of cooking and washing clothes during his free time while I just focus on resting my body and baby. Food wise I ordered confinement soup!(: Hope this helps in supporting you emotionally! I can share with u resources if u need!(:

Read more
4y ago

All the best to you too!