How do you care for your baby on your own?

Hi working mummies! Due to space constraints, I’m seriously considering taking care of my baby on my own till I go back to work. Currently we are staying at my in laws and we have a part time helper who does housework. I’m not expecting my in laws to help with taking care of baby. MIL & SIL work and FIL is not so mobile. May I check with mummies who managed to take care of your baby wo any confinement lady or helper for tips? I’m 3 months to my EDD now. Feeling the anxiety kicking in cos I’m really unsure how I can manage as a FTM. :( I’m wondering if I can just try my best to cope and when I go back to work, i can get a day care nanny to take care of my baby. Cos of the space constraints, I doubt a helper would be an option.

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

im a ftm at 22yo n i took care of my lo myself. i didn't get any nanny during confinement, i only ordered confinement food catering. first few weeks will be tough for you bc you have to adjust your sleep schedule to your baby's but as long as you take as many naps as you can with baby you'll be fine!! to me the only challenge i face while caring for my lo is bathing her, so usually i wipe her until my mother helps to bathe her

Read more