When will u resume intercourse after giving birth?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you've just had a baby, restarting your sex life may not be a priority. You'll be sore, not to mention exhausted. Up to 90% of first-time mothers who deliver vaginally will have torn tissue or an episiotomy (a small cut). If you've had a caesarean section your wound will hurt. How soon until you are ready for sex is more a personal than medical decision. Doctors and midwives have generally advised waiting until the six-week postnatal check. Waiting may have other benefits. Sex after a baby may be disappointing, owing to tiredness and loss of libido.

Read more

It is genrally recommended that you can resume sex after 6 weeks of delivery. When you see your gynea for the post delivery checkup you can check with her if your body is healed enough for you to resume sex. I had natural with episiotomy and resumed 7 weeks later. The first time was frankly so so. I was not very in the mood but felt I had deprived hubby for long enough and any longer would be cruel. Physical reason aside, also when both husband and wife are ready. :)

Read more

I think you are ready for intercourse once your baby is about a month or two old and your body has recovered from the physical exhaustion of labour and has overcome the mental fatigue as well. A husband should always keep his wife's needs into consideration as she is the one who goes through a lot. Wives should also talk about their emotional and mental state and have an open communication with their husband.

Read more
VIP Member

You can resume as soon as you feel ready. Natural birth with episiotomy usually takes 1-1.5 months for the wound to be fully healed. Some feels only ready after 3-4 months after birth due to fatigue from looking after a newborn.

Read more

Omg its been 7 mos since we had sex. We are so focus to our LO and no time for it. I actually miss it. 😐

VIP Member

About 6-8 weeks after all the bloods are gone 😁