Why is intercourse more painful after giving birth?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It could be possible that the wound has not entirely healed yet. If you've had a natural vaginal delivery, you most likely would have had stitches down there which takes a few weeks to heal, depending on the severity of the tear. Other reasons could be vaginal dryness due to breastfeeding. For that, you can use a lubricant. http://sg.theasianparent.com/sex_after_pregnancy/

Read more

i guess you are still a very new mom after the birth and it is possible that your birthing area has not fully healed. please stop having sex for now and get yourself examined by your doc. explain about the pain and discomfort. also, you may like to try out some lubes that could ease the pain.

It could be due to the episiotomy wound is still healing and dryness due to breastfeeding. I would like to suggest you to use lubricant such as conceive plus (natural ingredients instead of petroleum based) to ease the pain while intercouse.

On top of what Jamie said. I did ask the doctor once and his response to me was to relax and do not stress about it. When we are feeling stress, our pelvic muscles tense up and cause more pain.

VIP Member

It's painful for the first one after birth. Following times it's ok already. I had episiotomy. So i requested my husband to make that area fully lubricated and go slow!

Read more

It is because we tend to be more focused on the area. Try using some lubricant that would help in lubricating the walls of your vagina making it smoother.

Your wound below is still raw. Give it a little more time or ask hubby to go slow.

thanks