Rant

What am i wrong?! I just want more supply what is wrong.. All my family think is no supply nevermind la its ok just fomula.. I am the only one with the baby (husband not around and i dont really like to rely on others abt anything) i want get supplements u all say waste money i want lactation u all also say waste money.. Fomula is expensive thats why i want to boost my milk to lower buy fomula.. U all keep comparing me with mothers that have no milk from the start say its ok some moms have no milk from the start.. Why cnt u all understand the sadness i feel when i see such a pathetic amount coming out of me not even enough to feed the baby.. And u all are not outsiders u all are my parents my sister! Why do u all keep proving to me how much u all dun understand me.. 22 years and this kind of not understanding me shit is still going on.. Do i have to really kill myself so someone can understand me? I have no friends because i am always the second option i have no one to rely on and im tired to always keep a smiley face to everyone.. Im so tired of everything..

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pls go visit a lactation consultant, they really helps alot :) my lactation consultant (sister Kang from mount A) mentioned that no mothers have no milk often my. Unless premature babies. Oftenly is they latch wrongly or did wrong thing that makes their milk supply stuck or not flowing enough. Breast milk is not just to save money but also is a better source of nutrients and anti biotic for baby. Don’t give up! Ive been there.. as a first time mum, I gave birth to my baby boy 28 days back . First few days I can’t seems to squeeze out colostrum . And baby latch wrongly hence my nipple v pain and swollen. I spam nipple cream but still no use. All my family members ask me to give up and give formula. After discharge, I go back and latch but nipple swell and peel off skin. So painful after each feed! It seems that baby always have not enough milk hence my family (husband and mother) always ask me to give formula . I keep explaining that he Nd to suck to get my milk flow start, but they want me to stop. After that my breast start to engorge badly. I cannot take it and managed to book sister Kang for an appointment. She help me to clear my blocked duct and my milk started to spray out. She then recommended me to get the haakaa to catch the let down milk from the other breast. Ever since then I breastfeed my boy Everyday . As he have jaundice , I mix formula (ask my mum to feed when I am sleeping) . Hope by sharing my story u can hang on to what you deem fit! I understand old ppl / ppl who haven’t give birth always think it’s ok to just give baby formul milk to shut him up instead of letting him cry while we try to figure out this breast milk latching and supply issue. When my boy have jaundice, my mum even blame that it’s due to I breastfeed him .Good luck !!

Read more
4y ago

Ahh.. Can i know agar how much?

Hi, jiayou mama!! The most important thing is not formula or breastmilk. You must remember, the most important thing in life is what you ve try your best to give ur child. Formula isnt that bad, nowadays even contain many2 nutrients. Everynight i gave formula to my baby. My friend who is doctor also gave his baby formula milk. So dont be too stress for given ur baby formula. Last time i also dont ve BM, i never feel frustrated or depressed for this thing. What i do is I eat alot, drink alot, i drink milo, eat bread,rice etc. N the only thing boost my bm supply is my MOOD. Trust me, if your mood and feelinh is good, ur supply will increase Me from 10ml per pumping to now 280ml per pumping. I didnt eat any supplement. What i do is keep my mood stable, "RELAX". As long as my baby is healthy, nothing wrong give him formula😊

Read more
4y ago

Alright.. Will try to chillax.. Thank you 😊

VIP Member

Breast milk not only save money but also very beneficial to baby. Thumbs up 👍 for your determination to give breast milk to your baby. Sometimes people surrounding can be very discouraging, hope you don't get affected further by them, is your baby, you make the call :) supplements, lactation cookies are options to boost breast milk, go ahead and try it! happy mummy happy child!

Read more
4y ago

Can i have supplements reviews please? 😊

Hey, try to focus more on your baby. Have a positive and happy mindset, and your milk supply would naturally set in. I understand how you feel too, when my milk supply was low, my parents + in laws was complaining how I am not feeding my baby well, and that I should give formulae. I did supplement with formulae, while continue latching to build up my supply.

Read more
4y ago

LC say i cnt latch because my nipple too short.. So hard for baby to latch on

Hi hi! Besides lactation cookies/ supplements you can try using food to help boost milk supply. The more common food that helps boost milk are: Salmon Australian milo/ milo Red date tea/ Water (very important to keep hydrated) Oat products (cookies/ granola) Bubble tea (up to your own comfort level cos there’s tea in it) :)

Read more
4y ago

Oats dun really help me..

Super Mum

You are not wrong at all ❤️ Your dedication towards your baby is amazing! Keep doing what you feel is best for your baby. Remember to drink loads of water, eat nourishing food and rest well, because those are important for boosting bm supply

4y ago

Will try thank you 😊

Hey, be happy & keep thinking ur baby has no one else now but you. Got milk or not, most important is baby getting full and nutrition. Don't care about what ppl said.

4y ago

Your bm is protecting your baby and boosting baby’s immune system, so you’re a hero!

Jiayou mummy. Don't stress urself. Can try to eat salmon fish. It's helps to boost breast milk. U have try ur best for your baby. Happy mother happy baby. Be happy mummy

4y ago

Will try.. Maybe im expecting too much from myself..

Do what you think is right but make sure baby is sufficiently fed. People just like to comment no matter you are a bf or fm mom, we just cant seal up their mouths.

4y ago

Sigh..

Hey, I would suggest that irrespective of the milk supply being more or less, please have full attention to your baby as that is the most important thing.