Feeling stressed

I think I still can't get over what my mil did to me. Though she did unintentionally but it hurts me till now. How did u all managed? Example, when baby behave certain ways, she will say is baby sick or what. We will say baby didnt just behavioral n she till date still question why bb this n that. Secondly, when baby cranky she will say why again n compare last time her children not like that... I would say baby different... n she will comment isit never play with baby...but we did almost 24/7 ... I am already stressed I managing baby n I cannot afford to also need handle another situation. But will meet up often so I cannot say no.. even if I wan avoid questioning.. How do u all manage?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tune out. You can’t control her and what she wants to say but you can control what you choose to ‘hear’. It’s not easy but you have to try. Many times I recalled those nasty moments and I got reminded of the pain and hurt but I learn to let it go because I need to save myself. I might not forgive but I can learn to ‘forget’. The memories might pop up to say hi once in a while. When it happens, look around you and cherish the moment (of you and your baby).

Read more