Sleeping pattern

Is it safe to sleep on the right side? Im at my last trimester of my pregnancy. I don't feel comfortable sleeping on the left side so I'll rotate to my right side some nights.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yah I have the same question, make me uncomfortable to sleep on the left side, keep tossing all night... so I hope everyone agreed to sleep on the right side as Long as pillow supporting the back and the belly.

Sleep left or right no matter or affect your baby , sleep haft seat and lying down also ok as Long as you feel comfortable. I can’t sleep on one side during last trimester .. keep tossing all night.

VIP Member

It’s ok .. even I face this problem .. as long as u r comfortable it’s ok to sleep anyway .. but don’t lie on with stomach down aa .. just kidding .. take good care , n happy mother hood .

5y ago

Omg same! I always end up sleeping on my back in the middle of the night! But I thought cannot cos read that womb will press on something and mighty stop oxygen to baby. And I also read that sleeping on right will affect liver or something. Omg. And I hate sleeping on my left cos for some reason, whenever I sleep on my left, my left ear always hurts like it dropped off (every single night!) and pain till wana cry! So now I’m so torn on which side to sleep!!! Sigh

I do too sleep on my right side cos i cramped up after sleeping on left side for sometime. I think its fine as long as you are sleeping on your sides.

VIP Member

Sleep in whatever position you’re most comfortable in. Honestly, it’s important to listen to your body because you will understand it best!

I asked my gynae as i had always sleep face up. Gynae says sleep on side from 2nd trimester, left or right does not matter.

I think that is totally fine as long as you are comfortable with your sleeping position.

Yes it's safe! Do sleep according to what feels the most comfortable for you. Cheers!

it is totally fine as long as u sleep on ur sides:) support with pillows too