New Daddy's Woes!

My wife just gave birth one month ago and I feel like I don't have a life anymore! I want my guys' night out and soccer time with my buddies. Everything is about the baby now. Is this it for me? How do I tell my wife I need some me time without upsetting her?

197 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Wow. So selfish. The moment you said the vow, your life totally changed. Does your friends feed you, clean your laundry, cook for you? Does they pregnant your child for 9 months and spent their whole life for your kids?? Do they? Stop being a selfish men. Grow up. You think about your 'me time' , how about your wife? She spend her entire life with pathetic person like you and bare your child in her tummy and rising your kids so your life can be perfect. Its your kid, your child, your own blood. You should be aware how marriage life is before you get married. When you are not ready, then DONT GET MARRIED.

Read more

in case of a tiny newborn one month old baby, everything has to be about the baby! imagine yourself, a grown up man, sulking already and behaving like the baby instead. i am sure you are getting your time when you at least get to step out the house without worrying about cleaning and changing and feeding the baby, or leaking boobs. what about your wife? if she thought the same way, you would be the one taking care of all this and feeding the baby with a bottle, while she would be out partying and having fun. please understand that at this moment, the baby is the most important. enjoy the parenting experience and soon you will start getting your time too.

Read more

Being a DADDY is different from being a FATHER. We mothers almost gave up everything just to make you happy by giving another life to the family, if you think that you are a father then you must have a new life, change yourself, be mature enough, you must practice to have most of your time to your baby and wife, sooner if your baby can play, play with him/her. I feel very bad for your wife because you said that you feel that 'you don't have a life anymore' eventhough she gave you a beautiful life.

Read more

You missed your soccer and guys night out, how about your wife? She must not have stepped into a bar for a girl's night out since she was pregnant. I am sure she craves so much more than you to drink, eat whatever she wants... learn to be a little selfless and think about what she went through to have your baby. Now she is facing sleepless nights, breastfeeding around the clock. If you learn to be more understanding, i am sure with proper communication and respect, she will let you have your guy's night out. Parenthood is a big change but it's not the end of the world.

Read more

May I ask first if the baby is planned or not? Sounds to me that you are not ready to be a father yet as you care so much for yourself. Give your wife her me time first. Giving birth is much more difficult than giving up guys night out. Were you with her when she gave birth? Did you see how much pain she went thru? She gave up almost everything about her just to bring the baby into the world. I hope you’d look at that first. Then, when you valued her on this new chapter of both of your lives, then maybe asking her for some time to yourself would be as easy as giving birth.

Read more

Dude... A month?! Your wife is still recovering, she probably has not gotten her milk establish, your baby is going through growth spurts almost every single week, she has baby who is latched on almost every single hour of the day, she barely gets enough sleep, barely has time to think, exhausted and needs a break and your complaining you don't have me time?! You are complaining and it is a month, she has to deal with it for 16 weeks and can't complain about it because your complaining to her!!!! Your a father now!!! Deal with it man child!!!

Read more

life is over indeed, for your wife and not you if she can tahan her pregnancy from then, at least spare a thought for her postpartum rollercoaster feelings and bodily changes for now. you wont want her to not get out of post natal blues (yes, im strong and independant and i broke down too, every now and then i feel frustrated with my sons), it can be for life.. it is a very sad thing.. pls explain to your friends to not condemn you this 'difficult' period, of they force you, im sorry, they are not your friends. you wont want your wife to hate them. my advise- tahan abit

Read more

And by the way, not every wife here has the same bracket or period to totally heal with everything. I undergone normal delivery but I still have stitches down there and before I was released from the hospital, my OB told me and my husband that I should rest until it heals. I wasn't allowed to do things even carrying a baby or something that's heavy. Now, how do you think of your wife? Your a husband and a father now. Please know what's more important. My heart is tearing up for your wife and baby when I saw your post.

Read more
6y ago

*You're a husband and a father now.

VIP Member

It's a huge adjustment, and it's not just you who's feeling this way. I'm sure your wife is having is just as hard, if not worse. To be frank, you do come across as rather selfish. It's only been a month. You'll be a parent for the rest of your life. It's not going to be this way forever. Your baby is adjusting to the world, and will settle into a routine over the next few months. Your guy night can come later. Do remember if you have a guy night, your wife should have her girl's night out too.

Read more

You absolutely selfish mister you dont know the sacrifices that your wife did carrying a baby for 9months is a sacrifice and now you want a "me time" for yourself.how about your wife does she have "me time"for her self after giving birth to your child huh? At sa iyong kaalaman mataas ang chance na madepress ang asawa nyo.wag po kayong umastang binata dahil mai asawa't anak na po kau kung ngagawa nyo po noon yan sa ngaun mai pamilya na po kau dpat yan na ang priority nyo sa buhay..

Read more