Hi mummies, what time is the best time for bring baby swim? Im gonna swim with my 9+ mo old baby . It's his first time. As first time how many minut is ok? 1 week how times ?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My 8 Mths LO is Swimming at condo pool 1x a wk and max 2x. I did not fix his timing but judge according to his look but usually it is ard 1 hr ( but he has been Swimming like since 4 Mths old) when I see that he is tired I will bring him up. I feel late afternoon is the best as the water will be less cold compared to morn since the sun already heat up the pool. Personally my LO did not wear thermal suit but we slowly get him into the water. He enjoys Swimming a lot and would sometimes cry when we want to leave :)

Read more

Hi for each swimming session pls try to keep it to maximum 20mins. Also I think the best time is morn because the sun is not so strong and after swimming it is easy for them to nap in the day. What pool are you bringing baby to? I suggest not more than 3 times a week as the pool water has chlorine, not good to expose their skin to it so often. I think you should get a thermal suit to keep baby warm too

Read more

Hi, I think you can go ahead with swimming sessions for your baby. But make sure that you have a good thermal swimwear for her, as she is too young and will take time to acclimatise. Also, take advice from the instructor at the pool and tell him to assist you initially. I guess, two or three times a week would be fine in the beginning and gradually you can increase seeing how she is coping up.

Read more

Best time if when its warm and sunny unless the pool is a heated pool. So long the baby is not fussy and not feeling cold, you can take the cue from baby. But for first timer , perhaps at 15 to 20 min is good for a start

VIP Member

I started out on the morning when he is more alert but the water was too cold for him. Around 4pm is a better time!

Not more than 15-20 minutes per session. Swimming can be really tiring for them.

First time try 10-15 mins first. Subsequent then can drag longer.

VIP Member

Preferably in the late noon ...

VIP Member

Once a week, 20 mins each time

VIP Member

Once a week. 30mins each time