11 Replies

Super Mum

I think enjoying time with your little girl is really important, and I also think privacy and intimacy with your husband is really important. If your husband has made this request, it must be because he misses being alone with you. I would take his words quite seriously. Because I really love spending time with my daughter too, what I do is.. some days, after she wakes up and drinks her milk, I bring her to my bed and we play there (my daughter’s also 3yo). She rolls around, hugs me and laughs and we talk and take photos.. just me and her. It’s really fun and we take that time to bond. But during naps and bedtime, she sleeps in her own room. My husband and I make sure that she loves her room and cot, and she’s very happy to sleep on her own in her special place with her special friends (toys, etc). As a mum, you will always find new and creative ways to bond with and love your child, so don’t worry about having changes:) But the marriage is equally important, so you need to treasure that too ❤️

Agreed! A good and intimate relationship between both parent is important to the kid too!

I moved my baby to her own room at 2 months plus old with a lot of sadness, anxiousness (also keep feeling like she’s not ready) + resistance n after much consideration. I finally decided to shift her out cos I realised it’s more important for me n my Husband to spend proper time in comfort tgth instead of having to Whisper n sneak arnd our room outta of waking baby up! Our marriage n happiness is more important. In my opinion, happy parents in a blissful marriage is more important to a child than slping with her mother at night 😂

As for me i guess ill let my daughter co sleep till 2 years old. To me its due to privacy and to slowly let her learn to be independent to sleep alone. But i guess you should discuss with ur husband and prolly ask why is the reason he wants ur daughter to sleep seperately. Maybe at certain things can be compromise.. Even if your husband wants ur daughter to sleep in her own room, it also depends whether can ur daughter be able to do it.

There's no problem with still co-sleeping with your 3yr old child coz I do it also to my 3yr old son. I want to be always with him all the time specially when sleeping so that I can secure him sleeping safely. Besides 3 years old is too young as baby to be left sleeping without his parent on his side over night😔

VIP Member

Sorry frend pls dun worry much as I know how it feels to be lost in baby"s world as I m also a 1st time mum (U try to talk to ur hubby & maybe he wants ur baby to be independent as baby is 3 yrs old... Mmhhh my advise pls TALK OUT WIF UR HUBBY & MAKE A WISE DECISON

Tagalog nalang sis next time.

Understanding that you will miss your child in the middle of the night. But husband is more important in r/s. Just a thought of penny

Super Mum

I let my twins stay in the same room when they were around 11 months. We try not to co sleep. But I understand how u feel. *hugs*

VIP Member

You can start with making her sleep in her room for few hours and the rest few with you in your room.

VIP Member

I think it's fine ..Maybe you can try and slowly let her sleep on her own now, don't have to rush (:

VIP Member

Hi... as and when your child is ready

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles