Family in law

Hi. I have a 5 month old daughter and everyweek my husb and i will send our daughter over to my in laws as both of us have part time school. The thing about my in laws is that they always carry my daughter around in the house. And when she is sleeping, they will always disturb her like touching her feet, her cheek. And because of that she will wake up. The moment she woke up, they quickly carry her around. I understand she is her first grandchild but i feel annoyed that they dont give my daughter room & space. And they dont even listen to my advice to keep to her sleeping schedule. I will normally put my daughter to sleep latest by 10pm, but they will always carry and play with my daughter till 12mid -.-' i told my husb about concerns in a nice way but i feel that my husb dont like it when i voice out about this regarding his family. What should i do??

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i have the same worries for my mil also as i can see from my hub niece my mil will purposely trigger the baby and make her angry to tease her. but from my point of view if the baby does not want to go near you at all then dont force it. slowly get to know her why keep provoking her. i was telling my husband if she does that to our baby i think i dont even want to meet her often already.

Read more
2y ago

Because of what my in laws also do, disturbing her while she asleep & always carrying her, makes me feel dreaded to send there but there's no where else i can send. Have to suck thumb.

VIP Member

hmm very tricky situation. becos any wrg movement will trigger emotions and bad reaction frm both sides..you can just continue to tell em nicely to not disturb her after she sleeps..a well rested baby is a happy baby..bt if it doesnt work then u might have to make another arrangement to not put her thr instead..if u have no choice bt have to then u have to close one eye and tahan..

Read more
2y ago

Thats the thing. I feel so lazy to send there because of what they always do. I feel like theres already abit of tension bcos of this.