when do you start losing weight?

I'm 8w pp. My weight seems to be stagnant. I'm exclusively pumping all the feeds for my LO. I read somewhere that breastfeeding without top up helps lose 500cal a day. Is it because I'm not latching?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

The production of milk is probably the one that consumes the 500 kcal regardless of whether we latch. But we probably consume a lot more than 500 kcal a day, so to lose weight, we also need other exercise, and to watch our diet. However, don’t go on a crazy diet, because you need to eat a well balanced diet to produced good milk for baby.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi! I'm coming to 5 months pp and yet my weight is still stagnant too.. it really depends on individual. Not every one loses weight just by breastfeeding. I'm breastfeeding exclusively and yet still no weight loss.. If you're affected by this, maybe you can add some light exercises after your gynae gives the green light?

Read more
VIP Member

I lose weight as soon as I gave birth. I was 60++kg during pregnancy, after gave birth I had eating disorder which makes me loss appetite and drastically dropped to 48/49kg now.

VIP Member

I started losing weight at 3 mos pp. Bit by bit. 15 months pp now and back to pre-pregnancy weight. Be patient mama you are doing good!☺️

I started losing weight at 2nd mth and return to pre-pregnancy weight after 10 months. But it went stagnant at the 4 and 5 mth.

I'm 5 months pp, exclusive pumping but also weight stagnant. Trying to resume some lightweight exercises, hope it can help 😆

Super Mum

I had a malay lady helping me with the weight loss of my belly and it helps in water retention

I wouldn’t worry about weight. As long as you and baby are healthy and happy.

VIP Member

Me too!! 7 months PP. But still didn't lose any weight. Very troubled.

VIP Member

Me too! Nv lost weight which makes me feel so not confident