How much breast milk is normal?

Hi there, I’m a FTM and my baby is 6weeks old now… I’m breastfeeding exclusively and I do latching all the time. Baby is on the small side, weight gain slower than average. May I know how much milk do you guys produce? I only get about 60ml from both side. Is it enough?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you’re latching most of the time and then pumping and getting 60ml, there’s probably 2 possibilities. 1) Baby is not latching well hence your boob is not clearing. 2) Baby is latching well but you are oversupply. Anyways, excess you can store and freeze to build up stash. As long as baby is producing enough wet diapers, drinking well and no discomfort I wouldn’t worry too much on the weight. As long as you nurse frequently, baby should be drinking enough. 😊

Read more
1y ago

Thank you for your reply. Really feel so much better knowing someone else experienced what I’m going thru now… looking at all the online post and Instagram feed… about how other mothers are able to express out bottles n bottles of milk while I only manage to do 60ml… makes me feel so down, as if I’m not doing something right..thanks for the support👍🏻