Everyday I try my best to ask the husband, "How are you today?" "How was work/your day?" and if he seems to be getting a lot of calls or msgs from work when he is home, I'll ask, "What happened? Is anything the matter?" But he occassionally ask me.. well, most of the time, I am already sharing my day on FB or I would msg him directly. I feel so sad when his eyes is glued to his hp when I am talking to him. Either for his own browsing leisure or for work purpose. Afterall, he is the only daily adult interaction I get really.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

There is 1 time i told him, when we go out, i don't see u play handphone and leaving me alone with the kids, if not next time u go out on your own. At home, i can't control much, but i will generally remind him, why not you go and married ur phone instead, and make love with it. It's a very obvious hint to him that i had enough. I try to find other topics to talk about instead than work, if really something happen, i also can't help much with it also. Now i try not to share much things on facebook to keep him getting interested about what going on with me, so he will ask and want to know. If he go out, he must let me know, but if i go out, i will not let him know. We have to be mysterious a bit, if not they think we are ok with it.

Read more

I think we all by and large have become slaves to our gadgets. Here, the guilty party is your husband and somewhere else it would be wife. So, we all are sailing in the same boat. Even saying all this, I am with you here, because I, too, face the similar situation. And after continuous nagging, fighting over 'give time to me, you are always on the phone', I have come to the conclusion that this realisation should come from the person himself and you cannot force anyone to spend time with you. Let this realisation dawn upon your husband rather than imposing it. When he is home, you too get engaged in anything you like doing. Since you are available, he is taking your presence for granted. So, try not being available.

Read more

I understand how you feel. Mine does the same to me haha and he says he knows about my day through instagram and snap chat so there isn't a need for updates. But he does ask about my day when he knows there's something important. Once, I didn't update my social media because I was too busy outstation and he actually called me long distance to ask if I was okay. It's not ideal but maybe you suggest or plan for one day where both of you can go off social media for a while and just have one on one interaction.

Read more
VIP Member

Whoops I am the guilty party here, who is always glued to my phone. There is just never ending work. Hubby and me have a cue he uses when he thinks I am not spending enough time with him or baby - he just says oi,phone. And I know that I have crossed the line, and I drop the phone immediately. I think it's about communicating with each other in a non emotional and accusatory way.

Read more
6y ago

Yoy are the only other person ive heard whom uses the code word system to not nag or get defensivet

This is the case with all men dear! As women this sort of concern comes automatically to us. we ask about our spouses day and sense their mood occasionally. This is not the case with men. I think you should speak to him and tell him how you feel. Set aside some couple time everyday and discuss whatever you need to.

Read more

Sounds like you are a housewife. Is wrong that 1 person kept guel to the phone. May I suggest banning handphone at the dining table? So for dinner you will have it together with your HB and no hps for both parties.

I told my husband that i love to have at least 15 mins of no phone time with him. He agrees, & we put all devices aside & talk about anything. You can ask him for 5 mins first? Key is to talk it out.

Totally experiencing what you are going through. Be it after work or during the wkends. Feeling totally despair and emotionally hurt all the times. Try talking up to him if you have yet to.

totally feel you. my husband also does that every day after work. when ask him, he dont feel like telling me. he even said no point saying about his day at work since he always got bad day.