Preg journey

How can I encourage my hubby to pay more attention to me & my 29weeks baby? I feel sad & down when his mind only work work work & when return home didn't ask much bout our day. I can imagine I have to handle baby all the time when baby is born. He is like a ATM daddy already. When I ask him to kiss baby bump good bye he jus do as I said. No meaning if I ask n he do right. Am I thinking too much or how can I get him more involved?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

im at 30 weeks now, my hubby was only enthusiastic in feeling the baby move once, after that he lost interest. 🤣So he doesn't voluntarily get involved much and also doesn't ask how's baby except on practical matters like planning finances. For him, as long as he sees I look fine and eat well, then there's nothing to worry about. Work is also the main priority for my hubby, I know it's his instinct to make sure he can provide for the family so we all don't starve, and I am not expected to work if I don't want to. i think for them it doesn't feel real yet because they don't see and feel baby except through photos and videos and the odd movemnent through the skin, so they don't connect to the baby like we do. Anw my mum told me my dad never went along for any pre-natal scans - he didn't offer so she didnt ask; and he wasn't too emotionally connected to the bump too.. but it was different when I was born. I have many photos of me and my dad when I was a toddler and we both looked like we were having a lot of fun together. So don't need to be down, when baby comes out, all the daddy instincts will automatically kick in!

Read more

I’m 32 weeks now and my hubs is also living life like normal. I guess not all guys are the super involved type and I’m also hoping things will change once they see the actual baby. For me I chose to be the happiest I can for my baby for the remainder of the pregnancy instead of feeling resentful, since I know I won’t be able to change anything for now. I fully understand how annoying it feels but don’t take away the experience for yourself!! This only happens once or twice in our lifetime so I feel we shld treasure our own experience and enjoy the most out of these special moments w our baby while they’re still in our tummy 💕

Read more

I dont really bother much because this pregnancy he really dont ask much. The least he ask for is to go wif me for gynae checks which i have gone few times without him. 😂 he doesnt really ask much either or even kiss my tummy. Very unlike the firstborn where there is alot of attention. But its ok.